Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asleep for about 3 hours then I was in a state of like awake, I was awake and could think, then I tried getting up and I could not move my body I tried opening my eyes but they were stuck, then I tried to talk but I couldn't so I tryed breathing very loud Hoping for awareness, I was in that state for a very long time, Then Finally my mom heard loud noises and she woke me up,, Phew. I was scared.
It happened ant 2:30am-3:20 Thats when she woke me up.
It was a very long time..

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah sometimes I could move my hand a lil but still don't wake up and somtimes I could open my eyes and when I do manage to open my eyes I start to image things and dream but im still stuck

·
Banned
3,583 Posts
yeah, it's you're body's way of protecting you. For example, when you are dreaming, the body can go through temporary paralysis, when you dream abut moving yourself or things like that, sometimes it follows you into the real world and causes momentary paralysis.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
It always happens to me too when i lay on my back for some reason
Although when i try to move i couldn't. In the dream state it felt so real, but it wasn't

·
Registered
885 Posts
Wow, awesome.

It sounds like one of those things that are scary at the time, but you want to happen again once it's over.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,924 Posts
When I lucid dream and then wake up, I always have sleep paralysis afterward.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I control my dreams in that state, if ya know what I mean....

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Ever since I started sleeping on the opposite side of my bed I've been having very vivid dreams. None of them are scary or even beautiful. They are mundane and completely pointless. I used to have fantastic and epic dreams but it has been a long time. I once had a dream about a modern day Bioshock type world. Just imagine the city Rapture but with modern buildings and surroundings. But like Rapture this city was also in decay. It was amazing. It was the longest dream I ever had and not only that I could remember it clearly from beginning to end. No sleep paralysis though. My sister says she gets it all the time and that she concentrates on her fingers and slowly regains movement. I like to think I'm in tune with my body and that's why it obeys me even when I'm asleep.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoo861
View Post

I must be some kind of all pro or terrible sleeper. I barely ever remember my dreams, I cant lucid dream, and this kind of stuff never happens to me.

+1

I wana know how the OP's mom heard him breathing heavy at 2:30am. Does you mom sleep next to you or something?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TraCbr600
View Post

+1

I wana know how the OP's mom heard him breathing heavy at 2:30am. Does you mom sleep next to you or something?

She sleeps with him.

·
Banned
4,874 Posts
Wow that's weird. As a professional sleeper I have never experienced something like this. When I say professional, I mean I have been training every night for the last twenty years.

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Yeah, our bodies are weird.

For me, I;ve always had the ability to consciously change what I dream about, even mid-dream. In the middle of dreaming of running away from some psycho killer I'll just be like "F this...." and go ahead and change my dream to something else such as driving a Ferrari Enzo.

Can anybody else do this? I've always thought I'm the only one who could, because everyone I've told this to says that they can't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshay
View Post

Wow that's weird. As a professional sleeper I have never experienced something like this. When I say professional, I mean I have been training every night for the last twenty years.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgyBaby
View Post

Wow, awesome.

It sounds like one of those things that are scary at the time, but you want to happen again once it's over.

Kinda like Sex! At first like you dude...but then your like DUUUUUUUUDE!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1ForFrags
View Post

Yeah, our bodies are weird.

For me, I;ve always had the ability to consciously change what I dream about, even mid-dream. In the middle of dreaming of running away from some psycho killer I'll just be like "F this...." and go ahead and change my dream to something else such as driving a Ferrari Enzo.

Can anybody else do this? I've always thought I'm the only one who could, because everyone I've told this to says that they can't.

It's called Active Dreaming and it's very rare. I know of a few people (including myself) who can do it.

But the extent you can do it seems to be entirely random.

I can change locations at will but not my dream's subject.

So I could be playing with kittens in an attic and change it to be playing with a kitten floating thousands of miles above the earth.

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [Teh Root]
View Post

momentary paralysis?

Sleep Paralysis

This.

Completely normal, but definitely a freaky experience. Happened to me once in my life, only for a few seconds, and it was a scary experience. It happens when you wake up without correctly passing back through the sleep stages and your brain doesn't have time to unparalyze you.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts