Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you replace the 12v molex with a fan header on the video card instead to control the speed of it in ati tool or by the ati card itself?

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
I dunno by what you mean fan header.
But you can plug it into your mobo.
The connector is the same as any other case or cpu fan.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what i mean is the header that is on your video card allready....do you know how much amps it can handle?and thanks for the imput on the motherboard thingy that might work also

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
It is quiet enough.
Very quiet.
Put your lips together as if your whistling and blow lightly and steadily.
THats about how loud it is lol.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by anothermbdusted

can you replace the 12v molex with a fan header on the video card instead to control the speed of it in ati tool or by the ati card itself?

There's no point in lowering the speed of the Zalman. It's quiet enough that you'll want it running full speed 24/7. You won't hear it, honestly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well after having it for a few days not only can i say that it is extreamly quiet but it is also very effecient at what it does also...my temps are now at like 31c idle and like 45-48c loaded after 30 minutes of quake 4 much better then the 71-73c i saw befor......i liked it so much i bought my friend one in california for his card as a gift for his birthday......thanks again for the awesome thoughts behind buying this im very happy...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts