Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love how the second i finished my log today OCN put up this section. GREAT JOB It has been well needed

So the Job took 3 hours total. Honestly the MIC on my camera sucks. Right now as i'm listening typing on my pc the loudest thing is the keyboard. IT"S UBBER silent. There is absolutly NO NONE noise. I would really recommend these fans.
Although what turned out in the end is that i had no use for both of the fan grills and i just wasted like $4

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3xy5o_antec-p180-silencing_tech

Performence PCs A great place to deal with, great shipping rates, nicely packed, well shipped ON TIME

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
i want to hear it with the side on
nice job though

i wonder if acoustic foam is worth it

·
Registered
968 Posts
Acoustic foam does it's job, I'd buy some (or steal my dad's for speaker building)
Nice job though, kinda jealous of P182, but I like the space my CM-690 gives.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Naw I don't think that it was worth it. I should have purchased that premium AKASA stuff. The stuff that is like 1 inch thick. That would have been worth it. Otherwiese i don't think so. I can't have a shot with the side panel on because it's UTTERLY SILENT. I Kid you not the thing is IN AUDIBLE. The loudest thin is the tuniq fan which i'm to lazy to replace. Other than that if i had a choice now i would have bought a HIGHER CFM fan for the exaust .

·
Premium Member
16,094 Posts
first of...great guide! just occured to me that the stock fans are very noisy on high so i might get some good ones. like ur sythe (or whatever).

can u plaese tell me what you used to cut the fan grill at the back and front? i used a junior hacksaw to cut one of the little extension card dividers in the back and it took AGES! Im planning to take all of my parts out, clean it, and possible paint the ugly grey metal inside. and lap the cpu, and add a watercooling block to the graphics card.

infact, i dont think my mid-year exams will go too well thanks to this new(ish) obsession i have in discovering OCN

again, thanks for a great vid

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Cable management, looks messy.

My P180 is kinda loud but runs really cool.

I might try the silencing stuff to hold some more fans in my case. I am going to add one more fan to my 5.25" cage.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol your mid terms will not go well

Anyway true i always ran my fans on high the Antec ones. They are Really noise compared to these. Although since you have a WC system you could use these fans. They are the Scythe Slip Stream fans 1200RPM 24DB fans. they are utterly silent. Although i don't know how to replace my tuniq fan without taking it out so now THAT is very noisy along with my HDD. I used

These cutters. I don't know what they are called but they work great. Just hope and PRAY you do'nt get your fingers cought. It will hurt like a *****!!!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Cable management, looks messy.

My P180 is kinda loud but runs really cool.

I might try the silencing stuff to hold some more fans in my case. I am going to add one more fan to my 5.25" cage.
****!!!!:swearing::swearing: MARIN IF I SEE THoSE PICS AGAIN I"M GOING TO HUNT DOWN AND KILL YOU!!! I have seen you show off those EXACT pics like 70 times. Do you keep them bookmarked or something? Please take new ones. PLEASE!!!!!!! Also cable managment is impecable not amazing but the wires are alongside the case nothing is flailing out. Just i suck at working the camera

·
Premium Member
16,094 Posts
thanks, got a pair of industrial wire cutters and wire strippers hanging around.

when i installed my fans i thought ''wow, quiet'' until i put them in the case nexter the fan guard, i think its because it d''isturbs'' the flow of air, defo gonna do that mod tomorrow! i found those Scythe fans retailing at £10 pounds each. i have heard from other pepole that they are great though so im gonna order some with my christmas money

·
Premium Member
16,094 Posts
lol if only they were! im assuming u bought yours in the USA. far cheaper than accross the pond which is a real pain but hey, we just have to live with it.

http://www.thecoolingshop.com/produc...oducts_id/2724 (sorry i cant make the link better). Just ordered the 800rpm ones because i have watercooling.

its 01:49 in the morning here, i just had a can of cocaine (or no-name as its now called) so time to do some case modding i think!

thanks for your help

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
do those rubber screw things actually work? and are they worth it?

·
Premium Member
16,094 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shizdan View Post
do those rubber screw things actually work? and are they worth it?
i would say yes, cause i just did a but of midnight modding and i secured 1 fan with screws because i didnt have enough silicon...things. it really shows i can hear the fan vibrating (because its a cheap one)

btw with: Stock fans, all 3 grills removed on my antec p180, the fans cleaned, all on medium. Core temp reports 33-34°c idle (from 40). thats a huge difference.

Under load for 10 mins. Core 0 is 49, but 1,2, and 3 are all 40! used to be about 50 for the last 3 (core 0 is always higher for some reason). my NB is 32 from 35 according to speed fan.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by boydyboyd View Post
i would say yes, cause i just did a but of midnight modding and i secured 1 fan with screws because i didnt have enough silicon...things. it really shows i can hear the fan vibrating (because its a cheap one)

btw with: Stock fans, all 3 grills removed on my antec p180, the fans cleaned, all on medium. Core temp reports 33-34°c idle (from 40). thats a huge difference.

Under load for 10 mins. Core 0 is 49, but 1,2, and 3 are all 40! used to be about 50 for the last 3 (core 0 is always higher for some reason). my NB is 32 from 35 according to speed fan.
Good stuff
my temps actually rose like 3c across the board. But i have no problem. But atleast it's very quiet

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinic View Post
Heh, nice video. I'm sorta in the market for a new case (I'm unimpressed with my A900) and this might be the first stuff I do to the thing. Remove fan guards, quality sound dampening foam, quality (quiet) fans. Or WC...bahahaha...
Yeah the Antec 900 is a nightmare because of it's small size loud fans and terrible cable manamgment. If i were to be getting a case right now i would get a Lian Li or my P180

1 - 20 of 20 Posts