Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can see my specs. I updated my Bios, things got screwed up, got a brand new board from ASUS. Problem Started. Installed Half Life. Freezes 2 minutes in. Every Time I run it. Apparitions appear in Doom 2 and freezes occasionally. Older games run fine.

Thought it could be a bad install. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times. No good.

Overclocked too much? Took it all the way back to factory. Slightly longer play time before freezing.

Driver problem? Updated to latest (it improved my 3DMark score :) but no fix. Even checked al display settings.

Heat problem? removed heatsink, cleaned, reaplied thermal past, no affect.

Incorrect BIOS settings? double checked.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Can you PS handle the load?
your sys would need about 20ish amps on the 12+v rail(s)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check right now. While I'm at it, I am going to put in different RAM. I replaced the PSU and RAM when I replaced the MoBo.

(eDIT) Yes. I have 20A on the 12V+ rail. I've put in a 512 stick of Corsair XMS and played for 10 minutes flawlessly. I think the RAM may have been the problem. However, if anyone has any other suggestions, let me know. I may encounter the problem 30 minutes down the line and realize that the RAM wasn't the heart of the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts