Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a FX5700LE agp. Just wanted to know how to check the temps? By the way my Aquamark 3 score only went from 20345 (with a TI4200) to a 22562 ( with the FX 5700LE)...why? Also is there a program that can tell me if I am running 4x or 8x?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
5700s dont have tmp sensors, so theres no way to check. u can put your own temps sensor on there, but thats it.

and about your score.....it should go up alot higher, did u reinstall some newer drivers?

and to see weather its on agp 4x/8x is just rightclick to display properties, advanced, 5700 tab. then it should say what drivers and bus u have.

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

5700s dont have tmp sensors, so theres no way to check. u can put your own temps sensor on there, but thats it.

and about your score.....it should go up alot higher, did u reinstall some newer drivers?

and to see weather its on agp 4x/8x is just rightclick to display properties, advanced, 5700 tab. then it should say what drivers and bus u have.

I am trying some Omega drivers right now...Can you reccomend a driver?

·
Banned
955 Posts
My 6800gt sucks... the cooling on it doesnt work... whenever i game it crashes... so i have to open my windows so that that my 24inch fan can blow cold air over my entire PC so I can game more than 3 minutes...

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah, the 71.20b/c, 66.93...but any higher are more for the 6 series cards.

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCnerd2357

the Xtreme G 70.20c gave me a HUGE boost in benchies with my fx-5200

Where did you get that driver?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

My 6800gt sucks... the cooling on it doesnt work... whenever i game it crashes... so i have to open my windows so that that my 24inch fan can blow cold air over my entire PC so I can game more than 3 minutes...

lol...wowo i cant believe u said it sucks

what temps is it running at, and what drivers?

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

i think its time to call up BFG

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwiztidPOPS

Where did you get that driver?

www.guru3d.com
the have all the drivers u need

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCnerd2357

i think its time to call up BFG

i would love too... but I dont want to be without a card for the 50,000 weeks it will probably take... and i dont know the temps... i just know that when i open the window to bring cold air in the card never crashes... and the whole PC crashes so i cant hurry to check the temp....

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
lol....check the friggin temps man! theyre in the videocard properties under tempurature settings...

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

lol....check the friggin temps man! theyre in the videocard properties under tempurature settings...

doesnt work that way. because the temps snowball apparently.... but like i said... common sense would say if cold air stops the problem... its a heat issue

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

snowball, how do they snowball????

well my temps are always in the 50s... when im in the desktop... and when i boot CS it can crash in as little as 3 minutes... so thats quite a snowball... so i think imma have to add a waterblock sooner than I had planned

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
well, those temps arent bad at all...my GT on stock cooling always stayed around 55 no matter what i did....so maybe its not the vid card thats crashing?

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

well, those temps arent bad at all...my GT on stock cooling always stayed around 55 no matter what i did....so maybe its not the vid card thats crashing?

thats on the desktop... not exactly graphic intensive...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
i seriously doubt its the temps of your card which is making the game crash since i've been told the critical heat point of these cards is 100C, and besides the card has therm throttling. Maybe you should check your power supply. It may not be getting enough power to the vidoe card. another problem could be that you didn't fully uninstall the drivers from your previous card.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts