Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my new GTX 260s today, and they worked fine.
I restarted for an update (not for cards), and everything was fine.
I got to the Vista loading screen, where you can see the bars, and then the video suddenly cut out, and now I can't see anything.
I am able to log in, because I know my password, so when I type it in, on my G15 keyboard, it shows all the information that I have show up when I log in.

I have the newest drivers (182.08), so any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Press F8 during startup, boot into safe mode and do a fresh driver install. Also disable any on board video you may have.

If you still get the same problem going into safe mode, then can pretty much rule out a driver problem. Next try and get a different DVI cable to test that your monitor cable is fine. Failing that try and get a spare monitor to test on.

other than that...check your power connections to the cards, check the SLI bridge and if that all shows up no problems....then wait for a better person to reply

hope this helped.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you have video before the vista loading screen I would say it's a driver issue. Boot into safe mode (f8) and use drivercleaner http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745 to get rid of your old ones and do a fresh driver install. I hope that works! If not, try individual cards and see what one is causing your problem and RMA it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts