Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sig rig is acting up a lot lately. I can't figure out what's wrong with it so I hope you guys/gals can help.

The problem I have is if I'm watching a movie lately (Family Guy series / The Rock) it'll freeze up completely and I'll get a high pitched beep/whine out of the speakers. I reboot and it's fine for another 20-50 minutes. I don't think the video card or anything is overheating (it's at ~50C). I DO have older drivers installed for this card, version 84.21, because if I install any 9x.xx drivers some DVD's / videos show up completely green. The audio comes through fine but the video is just green. That problem goes away if I install any 8x.xx series drivers.

So I can't update drivers and hope this goes away. This is a new problem only a few days old. So if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!

~BRISK

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by zorpnic
View Post

(Deleted, due to misread...) Sorry

No problem, thanks for looking and the bump.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had Lord of the Rings crash on me. It's the same problem. Was hoping someone would help

Thanks in advance!

~BRISK

·
Retired
2,445 Posts
Like NuclearCrap said, Codecs would be my first guess, you could try the Nvidia ones, I have been using them and they seem decent.

• Rep+
Reactions: BRISKbaby

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do I uninstall the codecs? I've used many different players (Windows Media Player, JetAudio, Power DVD).

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which pack?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The download.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Klite Codec Pack + the new beta drivers have fixed it for me!
Thanks a lot everyone. Now I can view Google/Yahoo video AND not have DVD's crash on me!

Thanks again!!!!

~BRISK
REPS!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts