Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A slide presenting yet unseen Radeon PRO V340 graphics card has been published by BenchLife. The slide was not part of the official press deck for 7nm Vega Computex announcement, so we have no idea where it came from (it could be real, but it could also be fake). BenchLife have a very good track of leaks though, so I would take this seriously.

The Radeon PRO V340 is allegedly a multi-user computing solution for virtualized environments. It has 32GB HBM2 memory, which basically confirms 7nm Vega on board.

The slide is not very detailed but it does mention shared hardware encoding for H.265 and H.264 codecs. On top of that, we have a ‘security processor’, but the slide does not explain the purpose of this device.

We have not really seen many Radeon PRO products for virtualization recently. Those cards lack display outputs and cannot be used as desktop graphics cards.
https://videocardz.com/76561/amd-radeon-pro-v340-is-the-first-7nm-graphics-card

Gaming card, might be closer than we think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I dont see what this has to do with gaming cards?

Its a workstation card which is what 7nm vega has been targeted at the whole time. ....unless im missing something?

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I dont see what this has to do with gaming cards?

Its a workstation card which is what 7nm vega has been targeted at the whole time. ....unless im missing something?
Pro is in the thread title. Someones got to pay for all that 7nm R&D cost and the consumer market is too price conscience for that.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
32GB of HBM per unit must've really put the manufacturing costs up. I'm surprised we haven't had the good old, "can it play Crysis" phrase yet.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
32GB of HBM per unit must've really put the manufacturing costs up. I'm surprised we haven't had the good old, "can it play Crysis" phrase yet.

The per GB cost of G6 is at least $10 USD. for HBM I heard is up to 4X more expensive. Now imagine 32GB worth of HBM. Even at bulk price it will cost way above $300.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I've been looking into SR-IOV cards for a VDI gaming setup. Between this and a Tesla P100 there aren't many options that support it. Currently I use GTX 1060s each dedicated to a VM but I've run out of PCIe slots.

With dual Vega 10 I should be able to comfortably run 4 VMs per GPU for games like CS:GO at 1080p-60fps, so 8 VMs total.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts