Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
waifu for lifu
11,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Preparing to delight gamers globally with the next horizon of Radeon Graphics, we invite you to learn more about our RDNA 2 architecture, Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards, and our deep collaboration with game developers and ecosystem partners who will help us bring the best of Radeon to gamers. Tune in for the reveal of the future of Radeon PC gaming at 12 p.m. ET, October 28th.

AMD-Zen2-RDNA2.jpg

source

·
Booo
711 Posts
Too bad they aren't announcing RDNA 2 this week, with nvidia releasing 3080 next week.

·
Here longer than mods lol
3,795 Posts
Meh, too late IMO, everyone will have bought 3000series GPUs by then

·
H₂O Aficionado
3,744 Posts
Thank you for sharing :) Glad to hear Zen 3 news will be landing shortly! A bit surprised RDNA 2 news will land later given... but I guess they are still working hard to finalize their hardware.

Anyways, lets hope they are competitive with Nvidia :) Really looking forward to an excellent $/performance GPU.

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,571 Posts
I'm pretty sure Zen 3 is going to rock, so here is to hoping the RX6000 series will bring some much needed competition to the GPU segment.

• Rep+
Reactions: Sir Beregond

·
waifu for lifu
11,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AMD needs to slow the hype train down a bit. Some ppl are believing Nvidia's claims of performance. At least we have an announcement date from the other side.

·
Booo
711 Posts
I might be tempted to get a Zen 3 chip next year, eventhough I just got Zen 2 a few months ago, just so I have the last thing available for AM4. Also wouldn't need to upgrade mobos as I have a X570 chipset.

·
H₂O Aficionado
3,744 Posts
I think inventory issues will quickly settle in to the mind of the consumer *edit. Remember how most launches go? MSRP is hard to find... plus we are still in a pandemic. Also knowing that the most popular GPUs are the mid range and the RTX 3060 hasn't been announced, I don't think AMD is concerned.

·
Premium Member
9,493 Posts
Everyone can try to have 3000 next week, but I'm assuming stock will prevent that.

·
Turtle Rig Fan
2,432 Posts
Was just about to buy an i9 10850k too. Guess I'll wait and see

• Rep+
Reactions: OCmember

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not necessarily. The early adopters would've went with Nvidia regardless and there will more than likely be supply issues to keep up with demand, which may force a lot of buyers to wait to see what AMD has to offer.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,223 Posts
I'm excited to see what they bring to the table. Are those dates supposed to be for product announcements or for product launches?

October will be plenty of time, most of the 3080 early adopters will still be refreshing nowinstock every five minutes to try and get a 3080.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Zen 3 should be interesting.

Looking for a RDNA2 gpu to replace my RAD VII. The 5700 XT was newer but just about a lateral move in performance.

1,059 Posts
Very strange decision to unveil new GPUs so late. It should be in their best interest to do this as soon as possible, given how close 3000 series launch is. What is this month+ of waiting for? They can launch them with availability on 28 October if they want, whatever, but they should showcase them with performance claims and pricing right after the benchmarks for 3080 and 3090 go live.

Not like I really care, but it would be good to have full view of the situation before getting 3000 series, not because I may get AMD GPU, but because NVIDIA's pricing may be affected. Though I doubt that heavily, even if AMD competes with 3080 they are going to price it the same and 3090 is in it's own class with this much memory, being the only next-gen card with functional multi GPU and so on.

All in all I am definitely not waiting another 2 months just to see if maybe RDNA2 makes any impact on 3090 price. Not like AMD should care, but still :p

·
H₂O Aficionado
3,744 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's wrong to assume people looking to build their PC and with the funds to afford a 3080 arent very clever and would only be put off by non-availability and forced to go AMD as a 2nd choice. If you are set on a 3080 then getting on release day isnt a bad idea as availability often then drops and AIB prices might rise.

But most people, esp. anyone reading forums, tech sites and YouTube, will know that Ampere specs and prices are being heavily influenced by 4K adequate consoles at £449 and upcoming AMD cards on a better process. Nvidia will always respond - with a 'Ti' or a price cut - both things worth waiting for.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Very strange decision to unveil new GPUs so late. It should be in their best interest to do this as soon as possible, given how close 3000 series launch is. What is this month+ of waiting for? They can launch them with availability on 28 October if they want, whatever, but they should showcase them with performance claims and pricing right after the benchmarks for 3080 and 3090 go live.

Not like I really care, but it would be good to have full view of the situation before getting 3000 series, not because I may get AMD GPU, but because NVIDIA's pricing may be affected. Though I doubt that heavily, even if AMD competes with 3080 they are going to price it the same and 3090 is in it's own class with this much memory, being the only next-gen card with functional multi GPU and so on.

All in all I am definitely not waiting another 2 months just to see if maybe RDNA2 makes any impact on 3090 price.
Agreed, this does seem late. I'm very curious about what they'll bring to the table, but I'm planning on getting used RTX 20XX prices once they drop some more over the next few weeks, so I'm not really personally invested.

·
waifu for lifu
11,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm excited to see what they bring to the table. Are those dates supposed to be for product announcements or for product launches?

October will be plenty of time, most of the 3080 early adopters will still be refreshing nowinstock every five minutes to try and get a 3080.
Reveal, but I expect some benchmarks and launch date. If ppl wanna save some $, i'd wait a bit personally. Imagine near 3080 performance for $550?

·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts
They said they would be launching rdna2 on pc before consoles launch. With it being this late I guess that isn't the case anymore. And even if they do launch November 9th it will just be a blower card from AMD with no board partner support for 3 months.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,223 Posts
Well I don't what the stock will be like, or how long it will take for custom cards. I do know that we will have the same questions\concerns for both Nvidia and AMD though. I read somewhere that they are doing something different with the cooling design, I hope it's as interesting as Nvidias design.

Are the 4000 series cpu's going to work on x570? I can't remember and I was thinking about getting a x570 itx board.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts