Registered
25 Posts

·
Not a linux lobbyist
2,303 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Rdna2 release driver needs to be like the whql package currently available for navi (20.4.xxx) which are good drivers. I got late to the party on Mavi so I did not experienced any issues I have read for more than one year on forums except one bs after the install that tool me 3 seconds to solve: remove dp cable, reinsert dp cable. Never had any other bs and I’m playing on 160hz 3440x1440 so the best monitor on the market.
But I remember too of six months of people complaining on the turing release, every release solved something and broke something else...you know, selective memory...

·
waifu for lifu
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Well, hopefully Big Navi or Ampere for that matter, doesnt explode trying to run this:

·
Not a linux lobbyist
2,303 Posts
Take any AIB card. Take a close up image of an axial fan including the cover. Guess it's a blower, too!
The RDNA2 background just displayed the unusual flattened edge and not the rest of the blades that you would ordinarily see from that angle.
Not important now as the card clearly does not have a blower.

·
Registered
846 Posts
The RDNA2 background just displayed the unusual flattened edge and not the rest of the blades that you would ordinarily see from that angle.
Not important now as the card clearly does not have a blower.
RDNA2 is the architecture. Navi 2 (Big Navi unofficially), is the card series. I'm not sure how many AIB cards you've touched up close, but not all of them have rippling designs by the fan intakes. I fail to see what you're trying to prove here other than looking sillier than before.

You wouldn't point towards any cards prior to the RDNA1 (RDNA1/RDNA -- RX5000 series || RDNA2 -- RX6000 series) cards and say "That's GCN design!" GCN/Graphic Core Next is the uarch. Anyone with some common sense would have known that AMD has stated multiple times that they were done with blower cards and would drop them due to poor performance and community feedback.

·
Not a linux lobbyist
2,303 Posts
RDNA2 is the architecture. Navi 2 (Big Navi unofficially), is the card series. I'm not sure how many AIB cards you've touched up close, but not all of them have rippling designs by the fan intakes. I fail to see what you're trying to prove here other than looking sillier than before.

You wouldn't point towards any cards prior to the RDNA1 (RDNA1/RDNA -- RX5000 series || RDNA2 -- RX6000 series) cards and say "That's GCN design!" GCN/Graphic Core Next is the uarch. Anyone with some common sense would have known that AMD has stated multiple times that they were done with blower cards and would drop them due to poor performance and community feedback.
In that promo pic that AMD posted, that I reposted further up in this page, look carefully for the word RDNA2. Then look above it. That's what I was looking at since we didn't have a picture of the card at that point.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
I’m excited to see how much of a jump Big Navi will be from my Rad VII.
Very pleased with the Sapphire Pulse 5600 XT I picked up recently.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Sorry, I don't follow whoever that is closely enough on Twitter to have seen that post 2.25 hours after he made it. And it didn't make it to the tech websites I browsed until later.
And while I find Keikei to be completely credible, I didn't feel like correcting my mistake until my next post shortly after I saw the image.
As far as the rest of your fuss, not important enough for me to worry about because I have a normal temperament and I've already answered it.

At least I bother to correct some notion I get if it turns out to be wrong. You are convincing everyone reading your tirade that it would be a total hassle to do the decent thing if you are around.
The board notifies you when you've been quoted. You keep doing this. I'm willing to let it go. Keikei actually linked to the statement. I can see why you weren't sure because I only noticed it was a link when my cursor went over his quote. And, contrary to your belief, I'm not an ass.

However, AMD will be one if they manage to mess this up. I don't think there's a solid way of getting a 3080, not after yesterday's bullshit stunt by scalpers. I doubt anyone is going to get their hands on the higher memory variants of the cards that'll drop in 2021, courtesy of Gigabyte's leak.

·
Not a linux lobbyist
2,303 Posts
The board notifies you when you've been quoted. You keep doing this. I'm willing to let it go. Keikei actually linked to the statement. I can see why you weren't sure because I only noticed it was a link when my cursor went over his quote. And, contrary to your belief, I'm not an ass.

However, AMD will be one if they manage to mess this up. I don't think there's a solid way of getting a 3080, not after yesterday's bullshit stunt by scalpers. I doubt anyone is going to get their hands on the higher memory variants of the cards that'll drop in 2021, courtesy of Gigabyte's leak.
All in all, not a bad thread cleaning.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
In that promo pic that AMD posted, that I reposted further up in this page, look carefully for the word RDNA2. Then look above it. That's what I was looking at since we didn't have a picture of the card at that point.
It isNOT a blower design. Better try harder with your investigative skills before displaying your ignorance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Technology is NOT a liberator . Whom technology serves is a class question.
Technology wielded by the capitalist class benefits only the exploiters.
"Forks are NOT an eating tool. Whomever holds the food can use the fork.
Forks wielded by the satiated, only hurt the famished."

But honestly, Technology has potential to bring about incredible personal freedoms. Blaming capitalism for inaccessibility is fallacious.

How many here are gonna be attempting to run Zen3 on x470? I've got a couple Rev.E sticks waiting to be cranked up to 4400+

·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts
Do we really think they will announce RDNA and it will be for sale within a few days? I doubt it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Maybe they will be paper launches but not on actual shelves until the Consoles are out? Just a random guess.

·
Not a linux lobbyist
2,303 Posts
It isNOT a blower design. Better try harder with your investigative skills before displaying your ignorance.
I agree about it not being a blower. I thought it looked like one 5 days before the image of the card was released. But realized I was wrong and admitted it after I saw the released image of the card. I got in an argument repeatedly trying to make it clear that I am now well aware it is not a blower and apparently the mods cleaned enough of that away that it seems to some that I still think it is a blower. I've said it is not a blower more than anyone else on this forum as far as I'm aware.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts