Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
sudo apt install sl
7,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Source: https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-12th-gen-core-alder-lake-s-supports-ddr5-memory

The upcoming 12th Gen Core desktop series codenamed Alder Lake-S was rumored to support DDR5 memory, but it was never really confirmed. The new data that was sent to us appears to confirm this fact:

Updated RKL-S DDR4 2DPC SBS configuration
Added ADL-S DDR5 UDIMM 1DPC B2B ECC and Non-ECC configuration
Added ADL-S DDR5 UDIMM 2DPC B2B ECC and Non-ECC configuration
Updated TGL-H DDR4 T3/12L WP ECC 1DPC configuration
Added TGL-H DDR4 MD 1Rx16 configuration

Legend: One DIMM Per Channel (1DPC), Two DIMMs Per Channel (2DPC), UDIMM – Unbuffered DIMM

Anonymous tip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,583 Posts
Not surprising since we knew the market was going to begin its shift to DDR5 next year.

·
AMD Acolyte
1,596 Posts
Surely they meant quad channel. DDR5 moves to 32-bit channels, with each DIMM module being a pair of channels.

·
Graphics Junkie
2,468 Posts
When is Adler lake supposed to launch?

·
sudo apt install sl
7,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
PC Evangelist
46,709 Posts
Wait so we stay 5 years with Skylake in Desktop and now they have 2 major architectures in 1 year?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yeah, AMD's getting scary, bring out the hidden tech.

·
LTSC for life crew
2,873 Posts
If this is the ace up their sleeve it's not gonna cut it.

·
Official Luddite of OCN
5,675 Posts
I went sdram > rdram > ddr > ddr 3 and will now go ddr5. Skipping ddr2 and ddr4 weren't so bad at this point. Especially looking forward to see what DDR5 will do for APU's in laptops.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I suspect Alder Lake-S will be vaporware like Broadwell mostly was. Intel has tremendous production issues on 10nm, and actually intended to skip the node entirely on desktop up until 7nm went kaput. I mean they aren't even talking about it like it will be coming out SOON, they're already kicking the can down the road on desktop 10nm to late 2021, which is a vague enough date to mean "never"
considering how their other 10nm and now 7nm chips are doing.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
my 7700k should do just fine till then,,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts