·
Banned
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn
drool.gif

Quote:
MSI GeForce GTX Titan Lightning Twin Frozr V Series GPU

The last few lines mention that visitors would be able to see MSI's latest GeForce GTX Titan Lightning Edition graphics card on display along with other new Twin Frozr and Lightning series GPUs. It should be noted that the MSI's GeForce GTX Lightning GPU would be a custom edition GPU fitted with a non-reference PCB featuring much powerful VRM/electrical phases and components along with a factory overclock possibly clocked around the 950 MHz mark. Ofcourse, the Lightning series GPUs can be further overclocked and break record breaking scores in 3DMark Fire Strike, the tech demo would be bundled as a promotion with these GPUs.
http://www.technationnews.com/2013/02/27/msi-set-to-unveil-geforce-gtx-titan-lightning-edition-graphics-card-at-cebit-2013/
Quote:
The new iteration of the TwinFrozr cooling solution will be kept in red and black color scheme, which will contrast with the yellow Lightning and Blue Hawk/Power Editions. Despite the picture being so small, we can see it's just a cooler, with no card in the back. Meaning it's unclear (for now), if the PCB will be modified too. However it would be strange if not. What we can expect from this card are quite possibly Military Class III components, more VRM phases, increased power limit and obviously higher clocks.
videocardz.com/39939/msi-preparing-geforce-gtx-titan-with-twinfrozr-cooling?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=msi-preparing-geforce-gtx-titan-with-twinfrozr-cooling

Earlier someone spotted room for extra power phases in the Titan PCB. MSI now using them?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I doubt that they pull this off, Nvidia didn't invest in the cards shroud to have it changed up, if it were the case, we would have saw a custom 690 by now, it's been long enough! [a custom 690 with 8GB of ram, i would have bought THAT, even for $1200.00, that would be even MORE boss]

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhil2 View Post

I doubt that they pull this off, Nvidia didn't invest in the cards shroud to have it changed up, if it were the case, we would have saw a custom 690 by now, it's been long enough! [a custom 690 with 8GB of ram, i would have bought THAT, even for $1200.00, that would be even MORE boss]
It did happen, but nVidia didn't allow it for sale due to their views on not allowing PCB modification and such things, two 680's one one PCB with 8GB VRAM.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinWaffle View Post

It did happen, but nVidia didn't allow it for sale due to their views on not allowing PCB modification and such things, two 680's one one PCB with 8GB VRAM.
That's my point, i would have bought that over a Titan all day!
smile.gif

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I`m 100% willing to cancel my preorder on the Titan I have ordered if this comes true.

Perhaps Nvidia is letting some OEMs loose after the complaints about +6% power limit and what they saw KingPin was able to do with the Titan? I know Anandtech had a harsh article about that overclocking limit and that Nvidia sort of lied, so who knows.

·
✔️
1,584 Posts
I doubt Nvidia allows MSI to sell this if this card really exists.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
I'll quote myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

There is nothing that would suggest a Titan lightning.
Quote:
You can also see MSI's latest GeForce TITAN graphics card as well as MSI's renowned line of record breaking Lightning graphics cards
Yes they are apparently designing TF5 but according to that snippet from their apparent press release:
they have Titans and some lightning cards to show at cebit. Not lightning Titans.
videocardz.com just rushed to post an article without reading anything.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Quote:

I'll quote myself:
If that is right maybe we will see a new set of TF5 680/7970 Lightings.

·
Did you say Abe Lincoln?
3,148 Posts
well, there's my dream card.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukkooh View Post

I doubt Nvidia allows MSI to sell this if this card really exists.
Apparently Gigabyte have their SOC version and Zotac have their own version also.

So maybe we are in for a serious treat... Dam everyone who bought them at release will be kicking themselves if it's true. Would feel a lot happier spending this kind of money on a Lightning card than a reference design.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Quote:

I'll quote myself:
"The last few lines mention that visitors would be able to see MSI's latest GeForce GTX Titan Lightning Edition graphics card on display along with other new Twin Frozr and Lightning series GPUs. It should be noted that the MSI's GeForce GTX Lightning GPU would be a custom edition GPU fitted with a non-reference PCB featuring much powerful VRM/electrical phases and components along with a factory overclock possibly clocked around the 950 MHz mark. Ofcourse, the Lightning series GPUs can be further overclocked and break record breaking scores in 3DMark Fire Strike, the tech demo would be bundled as a promotion with these GPUs.

What else to note is that it has been reported that MSI won't be the only one showcasing a custom variant of the GeForce GTX Titan at CeBIT 2013. Gigabyte is expected to showcase their GeForce GTX Titan SOC (Super Overclock) while ZOTAC is possibly preparing an Extreme Edition variant of the GPU. More should be revealed at CeBIT 2013 in a few days."

Fingers crossed?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestache View Post

Apparently Gigabyte have their SOC version and Zotac have their own version also.

So maybe we are in for a serious treat... Dam everyone who bought them at release will be kicking themselves if it's true. Would feel a lot happier spending this kind of money on a Lightning card than a reference design.
I thought that N.America was to be served only by ASUS and EVGA?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Quote:

I'll quote myself:
Actually it was you to rush with the reply. I have not written a single word about GTX Titan Lightning.
Quote:
The new iteration of the TwinFrozr cooling solution will be kept in red and black color scheme, which will contrast with the yellow Lightning and Blue Hawk/Power Editions.
I just made a comparison of the colors to Lightning/Power Editions. It was other source to mention 'GTX TItan Lighting "

Cheers

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestache View Post

"The last few lines mention that visitors would be able to see MSI's latest GeForce GTX Titan Lightning Edition graphics card on display along with other new Twin Frozr and Lightning series GPUs. It should be noted that the MSI's GeForce GTX Lightning GPU would be a custom edition GPU fitted with a non-reference PCB featuring much powerful VRM/electrical phases and components along with a factory overclock possibly clocked around the 950 MHz mark. Ofcourse, the Lightning series GPUs can be further overclocked and break record breaking scores in 3DMark Fire Strike, the tech demo would be bundled as a promotion with these GPUs.

What else to note is that it has been reported that MSI won't be the only one showcasing a custom variant of the GeForce GTX Titan at CeBIT 2013. Gigabyte is expected to showcase their GeForce GTX Titan SOC (Super Overclock) while ZOTAC is possibly preparing an Extreme Edition variant of the GPU. More should be revealed at CeBIT 2013 in a few days."

Fingers crossed?
Where is that quote from? And If they're referring to the part of the press release that's going around I don't see how the writer of that quote could have come to that conclusion.

But yes, fingers crossed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyCry View Post

Actually it was you to rush with the reply. I have not written a single word about GTX Titan Lightning.
Cheers
That says nothing about titan. Only about TF5

1 - 20 of 110 Posts