Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I've been using VS XG2401 for almost 6 months now. I'm quite happy with it.

But recently I started noticing some woven/fishnet like faint artifacts while playing some games and video contents, like described in this detailed review https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/viewsonic-xg2401/ . The attached image from the review captures that fishnet like artifact quite well (you just need to look bottom left quarter a bit closer)

Looks like these visual disturbances are called interlace pattern artifacts and usually happen in certain speed movements in lighter coloured textures.

The review says these artifacts are kind of common in high refresh rate panels. But I really couldn't find a wide range of complaints about the problem. So I kinda start feeling like I'm alone. The problem is; now I know those artifacts are there my eyes are constantly scanning for them and this turns me paraonid slowly.
biggrin.gif

So my question is; owners of VS XG2401 or similar high refrest rate TN monitors, do you guys happen to see similar faint artifacts or visual disturbances? Any suggestions?

The fishnet/ woven like artifacts I mentioned appears in that test in the grey grid, when I set the speed to 1p per frame. It's faint, so need to be observed almost point blank. http://www.testufo.com/#test=inversion&pattern=thick-color-bars&ppf=5

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggystardust View Post

Hello folks,

I've been using VS XG2401 for almost 6 months now. I'm quite happy with it.

But recently I started noticing some woven/fishnet like faint artifacts while playing some games and video contents, like described in this detailed review https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/viewsonic-xg2401/ . The attached image from the review captures that fishnet like artifact quite well (you just need to look bottom left quarter a bit closer)

Looks like these visual disturbances are called interlace pattern artifacts and usually happen in certain speed movements in lighter coloured textures.

The review says these artifacts are kind of common in high refresh rate panels. But I really couldn't find a wide range of complaints about the problem. So I kinda start feeling like I'm alone. The problem is; now I know those artifacts are there my eyes are constantly scanning for them and this turns me paraonid slowly.
biggrin.gif

So my question is; owners of VS XG2401 or similar high refrest rate TN monitors, do you guys happen to see similar faint artifacts or visual disturbances? Any suggestions?

The fishnet/ woven like artifacts I mentioned appears in that test in the grey grid, when I set the speed to 1p per frame. It's faint, so need to be observed almost point blank. http://www.testufo.com/#test=inversion&pattern=thick-color-bars&ppf=5

I have that checkerboard on my new asus pg248q 24" TN. Not as pronounced, but it's there; just very light. I had the acer 144hz and it didn't have it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstacker View Post

I have that checkerboard on my new asus pg248q 24" TN. Not as pronounced, but it's there; just very light. I had the acer 144hz and it didn't have it.
Yes, in my case, it's not as pronounced as the one in the photo too. The photo is zoomed in a lot to make the artifacts more visible probably. But still, knowing these kinds of artifacts are happening, now my eyes become more sensitive, catching them frequently.

Do you still have the Acer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vartaz View Post

Tn sucks. I had the mg248q and it had scanlines.. I think most high speed tns have some problems
You returned it?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggystardust View Post

Yes, in my case, it's not as pronounced as the one in the photo too. The photo is zoomed in a lot to make the artifacts more visible probably. But still, knowing these kinds of artifacts are happening, now my eyes become more sensitive, catching them frequently.

Do you still have the Acer?
You returned it?
Yes and got a new one same problem. Search for my thread about it.. They all have it i think.. Mine was freesync Related.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Yes and got a new one same problem. Search for my thread about it.. They all have it i think.. Mine was freesync Related.
Reading your thread now.

My issue is something different than scanlines though. It happens when there are moving things on screen, like some very subtle fishnet sort of pattern on lighter coloured surfaces/textures.

Check this test out http://www.testufo.com/#test=inversion&pattern=thick-color-bars&ppf=1

Set the speed to 1 pixel per frame and pay very close attention to the grey grid (like very close attention from very close to screen). Pause the test and set the speed to 1 again. If you can see the a subtle fishnet sort of pattern going on, this is the thing I'm seeing right now. It's not very pronounced and but when I know it's there, it's hard to unsee. I've almost started seeing them outside now lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also have the s2417dg, it doesn't have those checkerboard, but the fonts small because its 1440p on a 24 inch. If you scale up to 125%, everything gets blurry.
Quote:

M340clz!
Quote:

M340clz!
Quote:

M340clz!
Wow, that's a panel. The lg34uc88 is on sale on costco right now. Not sure how those will compare.
Quote:

M340clz!
How much? Did you go with the ebay?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts