Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help,quickly...

my house has 4 computers in total yesterday i discoverd a virus on my mothers pc something like "Bronktok" or something...well if that wasnt bad enough my brother suddeenly got it,but his in now unusable,my in almost there.....

I random restarts everytime i try download smomething.....
I have a random restart every time i try to install something....
Found the virus in "My pictures" from what i see it is a web page file or firefox document....
I tried to download Spybot search and destroy, AVG,but it restarts everytime im just about to save it....
Got it on another pc,put it on a flash disk but as soon as i get to any folder on my WHOLE PC that a .exe ( think) it JUST RESTARTS!??
I think it may be keyloggin me because some really wierd things are happening to my small cursor that changes when you type,the one that looks like a "I" its blinking really quickly and doing random stuff like dissapearing....
Ive tried Safe mode
ive have tred everything.....

PLEASE HELP:

oh, and i think it disabled my "folder option button" in "tools" in a window...
(the one you use to view hidden files....)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Most of the time you can boot up into Safe Mode and that will do it. If this is not the case and if at all possible, run the main hard drive as a slave(considering you have a spare with OS installed). This would at least allow you to attempt to retrieve data, possibly try to rid of the virus while youre in there and go from there. This is what I have done in the past while being in your situation and it has worked most of the time.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
one word, if u can get it on there somehow:

"combofix"

233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry but i no longer have dual boot going....
And i was about to sell this Pc to one of my moms freinds child and i spent llike 5 hours loading games,movies,music EVERYTHING (and a bout 100Gigs
)
and if i have to format i might just cry....

233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mxbn0 View Post
one word, if u can get it on there somehow:

"combofix"
I got there, but im pretty sure as soon as i click download it will restart,but its worth a try...so i im gone for a while (ya know what happended
)

·
15,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 88EVGAFTW View Post
if you can get any important docs out of it safely, I would DBAN the hard drive then do a fresh install.
This!
Since all important stuff is ALWAYS stored on D:\\ Partition/Hard drive...
Always... don't correct me, if you don't partition your single HDD blame yourself...

·
Premium Member
11,021 Posts
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I FIXED IT!

well like i said, i was unable to start the setup for any anti_viruses so i:

Downloaded Sybot search and destroy setup
Used CMD to start it
Finally Got it installed
Ran a couple of scans
Got rid of enogh for me to download AVG internet security
I then double scanned with them
it took a few days to Get rid of all of them!
And 2day Guess Waht?
MY FOLDER OPTIONS BUTTON IS BACK!

ALL GOOD And DANDY!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
some of these viruses stay in the memory or whatever so you should do a scan during boot.use avast for boot scan, I have been using avast home and ad-aware and haven't had a problem since!

EDIT:see that its been fixed!

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Backup, format anyways lol, this time with dual partitions to prevent it from happening again

·
15,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopi
View Post

Backup, format anyways lol, this time with dual partitions to prevent it from happening again

Listen to this experienced fella, that has heavy meaning in his words.
Dual Partition is a must even on 150GB HDDs if that's your single HDD.
I even dual partitioned a 3GB back in the days I only had that single 3GB.

When I see people that has 1TB/2TB and hasn't partitioned their HDD I actually WANT their OS to crash so that they understand the importance of Dual Partition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troll

but it doesn't matter if the HDD crashes, you'll loose both partitions anyway.

Don't be like this guy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts