Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
NEW YORK - If you have computer files you'd rather not lose, now is a good time to make sure your anti-virus software is up to date. A worm set to activate Friday will corrupt documents using the most common file types, including ".doc," ".pdf," and ".zip."

Hundreds of thousands of machines are believed to be infected, mostly in India, Peru, Turkey and Italy, said Mikko Hypponen, chief research officer for Finnish security company F-Secure Corp.

The worm, known as "CME-24," "BlackWorm," "Mywife.E" or a number of other monikers, even tries to disable anti-virus software that is out of date, he said

Source

Also known as:

Quote:
CME-24, Win32.Blackmal.F [Computer Associates], Email-Worm.Win32.Nyxem.e [F-Secure], Email-Worm.Win32.Nyxem.e [Kaspersky], W32/[email protected] [McAfee], W32/[email protected]!M24 [McAfee], Win32/[email protected] [Microsoft], W32/[email protected] [Norman], Tearec.A [Panda Software], W32/Nyxem-D [Sophos], WORM_GREW.{A, B} [Trend Micro]
Source

Help if you need it:
Nortons Removal Tool

Yes it may be over seas, but you never no?

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcin123b
dude it is if your HDD is so fragmented it will make it faster
umm random and outa place...?

·
Registered
420 Posts
But if you live in Britain... then it is tommorow... and I don't see the british flocking to their computers going " ohs noes my psds r been erasd!" so hopefully nothing will occur.

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie36

Who should be worried? I run with a router for a firewall, nod32 for AV, and MS antispyware for antispyware... should be be concerned? I've never had a virus before.

Hell no you shouldnt be, I now use NOD32 as well, they have updates like everyday, so i highly doubt we will get anything

·
Registered
420 Posts
How can you have a backup on a dvd when you have a 120 gb hard drive?
My computer has ~50 gb installed games, ~50 gb downloaded anime and assorted legal material, and ~ 50 gb installed utilities.

How do I back up that

I am getting some extra protection on my computer just to be sure I don't lose anything...

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiK_0_0

How can you have a backup on a dvd when you have a 120 gb hard drive?
My computer has ~50 gb installed games, ~50 gb downloaded anime and assorted legal material, and ~ 50 gb installed utilities.

How do I back up that

I am getting some extra protection on my computer just to be sure I don't lose anything...

I only have about 4 gigs of stuff. Trust me, I'm organised

Anything that can be on a CD/DVD, is. I don't keep images or installers on my hard drive. That elimnates just about everything.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts