Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dream Chaser
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experiences with these cards. I was thinking of getting one, maybe a 6950 or 6970 because besides XFX they have lifetime warranties. But haven't head much on them and also they do not display pics of their cards. Anyone have a pic of their visiontek card and/or wanna offer some insight to their performance? Thanks in advance.

·
Dream Chaser
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it wouldn't be a bad purchase then. I wonder if they are still issuing unlockable 6950's.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Visiontek's came out later so chances are they are the old batches. If they were available, I'd have gotten them instead of the XFXs. Visionteks were cheaper at the time I got my XFX 6950s but they weren't in stock.

Amazon's got XFXs 6950 for 290 shipped btw.

·
Dream Chaser
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea but I am trying to steer clear of XFX cards. I had some of their cards, and never had a bad experience personally, but I don't wanna wait til I get screwed to say oh shouldn't have gone through them. The double lifetime warranty is nice though.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfizz84;11984177
The double lifetime warranty is nice though.
1) Assuming they honor it
2) Whats a "Double Lifetime?"
3) I smell sales gimmick

As for your actual question they are decent cards. Visiontek is not bad.
And the fact that they are Reference means you are even safer.

·
Dream Chaser
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Double lifetime means you as original buyer are warrantied and it allows for one other registration, ie if you sell the card, then that buyer is still warrantied for life. Yea, I think I'll go for Visiontek. Not sure if I should wait for 6990 or not though. Probably will just get 6850 Xfired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts