Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so since I reinstalled vista to clear up some other issues I now get a different error with smp then before.

I followed the guides to the T and everything seemed perfect till I start it. It just keeps getting this error over and over agian.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
have you reinstalled? it should clear it up. just make sure all files smp made or left behind are completely gone before you reinstal. that's my only idea

• Rep+
Reactions: MADMAX22

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
i dont know if it will work but it is the only thing that makes sense seing as the error was failure to start the actual program. good luck

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Madmax22,

Vista can be fickle with folding when you try to set it up on a new install. Backtrack you setup and be sure you did the following:

Disabled UAC, or be sure to run fah.exe as administrator.
Make sure you ran install.bat the when you reinstalled. Never hurts to run it a second time to be sure it installed correctly.

Many issue that dont happen with XP that happen with Vista are 9 times out of 10 some type of security issue. Going into the properties of the fah.exe file and under compatabilty checking Run as Administrator can fix a lot of problems with programs that were not designed to work well with Vista's new security.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts