Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything in windows ultimate that isn't in enterprise that would really matter to a power user? I don't use any sort of windows-style media programs, no need for dreamscene. The only thing I do with my computer media-wise is stream music and movies to my PS3 from my desktop. Is there anything missing in enterprise that would prevent me from doing that?

What it comes down to: is ultimate worth the extra money over enterprise given the things that I do?

·
Premium Member
10,487 Posts
Do you mean Business? Enterprise is a Corporate only edition.

Business has Windows Media Player, so DVD's and music play fine. It does not have Media Center.

·
Premium Member
6,373 Posts
The biggest difference between Ultimate and Enterprise is how it activates itself. Unless Microsoft changed it, you will need a KMS server or let it activate continuously and randomly through your net connection. So uhm yeah.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have a problem with the enterprise edition....I have an activation server to go through. Both are free for me "and both are legit" but I have unlimited activations with enterprise and only one with ultimate. Thanks for the help guys. I was pretty sure that it was only media center that was missing, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks again...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts