Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally have my new parts and was getting ready to OC!

Vista thinks otherwise. "Cannot find a partition that matches the installation criteria". The partition I'm trying to install to just had Vista installed on it, what the hell! The partition is 65GB and NTFS formatted.

This is the second time I have this issue with installing Vista, but it was on another rig and randomly fixed itself.

I'd really like to know the solution.

·
Fettered Firewall
2,491 Posts
Did you by chance somehow modify your boot.ini or the vista boot loader files?

I've done that in the past trying to fix some studdering issues with games forcing the settings and accidentally removed the wrong entry. Just a suggestion.

Also Ultimate Boot CD has saved my drives/installs/screw ups in the past. It is a LIVE CD that runs XP SP2 but you need to build it and then burn the .ISO. Not sure you have that capability but if you do, I would highly recommend it Andy.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't removed/modified any file. I formatted the drive that had Vista on it, to re-install Vista. Weird thing was that I was able to boot into Vista with my new mobo, but I figured a re-install would be needed either way

Ultimate boot CD? I have Hiren 9.6, I think it's about the same thing except Hiren got a bunch more programs on it. I think I'm going to mess around with Partition Magic a bit when I get home and see where that get's me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts