Overclock.net banner

Did you already know about this?

• Yes of course!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Had no idea!

Votes: 5 45.5%

Vista Voice Recognition Guide

410 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  CSU_ComputerMajor
This is my first attempt at a "How To" or "Guide". It's short and simple but hopefully helpful. Be easy on me.

Vista Voice Recognition

All versions of Windows Vista have built in Voice Recognition Software. To enable it all you have to do is go to the Control Panel and Click Voice Services and follow the Setup Guide. You'll have different options of microphone set ups and then you will need to adjust the software to your voice. The Guide does this for you by having you say different phrases. Once this is done you are ready to go! The advantages of this feature are pretty awesome. You can open programs and go to websites by saying the name of it. To open Paint for example, you say Open Paint. You can setup different commands and different levels of advance recognition. Please complete the poll at top please. Thanks for reading.
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
aahhh yess, finally the voice software finally gets some recognition! i played with this software a while back and it was fun just hard to get used to. how ever now that my mind is wandering again i think i might give it another go! thanks and good job!
yes, it is one of the nicest features of Vista but no one gives it any lime light!
I knew about it, but it didn't really impress me.
if you safe it to your profile and transfer your files and settings then i don't see why not. i only have one pc with vista so i can't test to find out. sorry.
i will do some research and try to get more info on the transer..
I'm quite supprised, I used an IBM version back in the 90's but this actually works, I just made it here back from my desktop.
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSU_ComputerMajor
View Post

i will do some research and try to get more info on the transer..

I've used the voice command feature before, but I never really spent much time trying to make it fully understand my voice. I reinstall way to much to put alot of time in training to just lose all my work. Let me know what you find out
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxG3nexX
View Post

I've used the voice command feature before, but I never really spent much time trying to make it fully understand my voice. I reinstall way to much to put alot of time in training to just lose all my work. Let me know what you find out

i can't find out anything but i'd say that it should save to your settings and files so you shouldn't lose anything...
See less See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.