Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking around for a HD LCD TV and someone told me to look at Vizio's becuase of their price/quality. anyone have any extra thoughts on the matter? I was looking at this one however, while looking around for reviews I saw that some places have this model listed as only being able to produce 1080i whereas the vizio site says it's 1080p... so I just figured I'd see if anyone here had anything good/bad to tell me about them.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
its definitely 1080p... any 42" lcd thats 1080i should be free
. as for vizios in general i dont know alot about them but they seem decent from what little ive heard. you should just go to circuit city or something and look to see what tv looks best to you eye... thats all that matter and it guarantees a satisfactory TV.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Not necessarily the sources that they hook the TVs up to in stores are often wildly disparate. Westinghouse has some really well priced 1080P LCDs so give those a look.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevg73
View Post

its definitely 1080p... any 42" lcd thats 1080i should be free
. as for vizios in general i dont know alot about them but they seem decent from what little ive heard. you should just go to circuit city or something and look to see what tv looks best to you eye... thats all that matter and it guarantees a satisfactory TV.

I may go look around at some of the stores in town but they usually only have the really expensive sony's and stuff like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaziel
View Post

Not necessarily the sources that they hook the TVs up to in stores are often wildly disparate. Westinghouse has some really well priced 1080P LCDs so give those a look.

Really? I had heard from some friends that westinghouse wasn't very good, although I do know that while looking around they and Vizio seem to be the best priced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts