Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i dont really know how voldt mods work so dont get mad at me if this is a stupid question. But i was wondering if there was a way to volt mod my mobo (in my system specs) to make it so the Vcore goes up. I am asking this because i have a feeling that my processor has some good potential but my bios doesnt allow me to adjust the Vcore.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
if your lookng for my vcore then what you wanna do is the p4 "s478" vid pin mod, it'll give you UPTO 1.85v, its quite easy and all you do is wrap a wire around a few pins i did this mod not to long agom, but i cant remember which pins ot od it to. i searched goodle for like half and hour trying to find the pic, but i wansnt able to. good luck searchibng for it.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wowza

volt modding won't get you anywhere, I think it's just locked by the bios. Your better off trying to find a modded bios. Im about 90% shure.. humm where is Lando when you need him?

Where woud i find modded bios...or would i have to make them?

·
Registered
208 Posts
ok i found my paper that i had the mod written down on and i made a little table up for you to follow.

thats how i had it. "note: bottom left cornner is where the golden triangle is"

and that just shows you which pins get what voltage.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont really understand the table could you please explain it to me. Also can i use a wire instead of soldering it?? And last but not least thank you very much. Whoops, almost forgot, in the picture what V-core is that?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerand

I dont really understand the table could you please explain it to me. Also can i use a wire instead of soldering it?? And last but not least thank you very much. Whoops, almost forgot, in the picture what V-core is that?

its kidna confusing when looking at it, if you were to sdo it the way idid in the pic of the cpu it would get you 1.7vlots which should be enough

also a wire is easier, kinda haha, putting it on is the esy part, getting it to stay on while yoyu flip the cpu over and try to get it in the slot is a whole other thing which wasfun to do

so i would go that way in you case since you may want to tr ydifferent voltages
what6 i did with the extra wire was just set it inbetween my cpu and heatsink
no problems thewre temp wise
though you will want to make sure you have sifficent coolin once using extra volts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well although i am on stock my highest temp is 46c at 3.0ghz, do you it will be safe to jump to 1.7v.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there a chance that i might blow my processor if i acedentally do the rong pins? I want too make sure before trying.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweako_420

IMO a good volt mod to the mobo will make overclocking a lot easier than using that mod.

i think you forgot to post it, i dont see it anywhere in your post ???

eiterway i dont see the difference, if you were to do it through the mobo its still gonna give the cpu more V, the only difference its that mine i easier to undo if you messup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts