Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I am looking for a program that will let me lower my vcore. Why you ask? Simply, my motherboard won't let me in the bios but my cpu is capable of running at 1.325 instead of 1.55, which makes a big difference in temps and it can't overclock anyway. The old version of clockgen worked nicely, but they updated it and removed voltage adjustment so it won't work anymore. I'm looking for something that will run on startup and then close, so it won't use any memory if possible.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i dont know an programs to adjust cpu voltage other then bios, but try updating your bios and the option might appear.

·
Registered
679 Posts
AiBooster from the Asus website...but usually it lets you adjust the settings that are also available in the BIOS, not much more...best of luck!

why would you want to operate a cpu at a lower voltage anyway?
I thought voltage makes for stability, and if it is within specs, it doesn't increase the temp that much.

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does make a difference in temps and stability is the same. Temps drop about 8C load and idle. Also what's strage is I have a newer bios than the one on the asus website

1 - 4 of 4 Posts