Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i've got the fbs running at 220 and the cpu core is running steady 1980mhz (220x9) at 25-27c idle. Im wondering when should i raise voltage to the cpu. As well theres a little discrepancy between voltage readings. cpuz says 1.376, bios says 1.406 but the bios is F1 and i dont have a floppy to flash to F2 so that might be the reason.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by edicius

Alright so i've got the fbs running at 220 and the cpu core is running steady 1980mhz (220x9) at 25-27c idle. Im wondering when should i raise voltage to the cpu. As well theres a little discrepancy between voltage readings. cpuz says 1.376, bios says 1.406 but the bios is F1 and i dont have a floppy to flash to F2 so that might be the reason.

If you have not flashed your bios yet, then that is most likely the reason for the discrepancy. Doesn't your mobo come with a software flashing utility?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it does.....only i dont have a floppy drive. i was going to take the one out of my old comp but it was a dell....and they dont use faceplates.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

yes it does.....only i dont have a floppy drive. i was going to take the one out of my old comp but it was a dell....and they dont use faceplates.

just pull it out and install it into your system temperarily, it doens't matter that it doesn't have a face plate, as long as you can access the eject button it will work.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, having a bit of trouble. Im trying to flash the bios now, i downloaded the F2 file from gigabyte and put the autoexec, flash885, and the k8nf-9.f2 file onto disc and tried to flash using the q-flash utility on the bios. it read the disc then stopped reading the disc and went back to its q-flash menu. then i tried using the flash885 utility to flash the bios and it just creates a .err file in the folder, im assuming its an error file. what am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and i followed that buy while it said "reading bios files from floppy" it gets 3/4 done and then stops. so im not too sure whats going on with that

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

and i followed that buy while it said "reading bios files from floppy" it gets 3/4 done and then stops. so im not too sure whats going on with that

It may be that the floppy or drive is not operating properly, try reformating the floppy and trying again.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used an old disk and i didn't format it thats why, but then when i updated the bios the onboard lan stopped working so now im off a pci network card. I guess ill resinstall the F1 bios and then just live with the discrepancy and wait for F3

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

I used an old disk and i didn't format it thats why, but then when i updated the bios the onboard lan stopped working so now im off a pci network card. I guess ill resinstall the F1 bios and then just live with the discrepancy and wait for F3

It could be bad programming on the latest BIOS, good call on the temp resolution.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Hey bro just curious, what memory timings are you running and is your 3000+ a Winchester?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Try removing the softs and disabeling the OB NIC and reboot and reinstall!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts