Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a self built AMD comp. its not much...its a 1.4gig, 256 ram comp...i OCed to 1.6. and i bought a 512 ddr ram chip. ok i have a eliete gruop K7 mobo. people said i can put my ddr 512 and my ddr 256 together and it shudnt be a prob. so i did that and after about 10 mins it blue screened and i had to reformat cuz it would get to the windows loading screen then just restart. so i just tryed the 512. it worked for about a week then it bluescreened again... i know my 256 works perfectly and the 512 is a lil weird....but someone told me i have to change the voltage setting on my ram. ?=/ i donno how u do that or even if its true. if n e one knows whats up..it would be greatly aprecieated. thx guys. if n e one needs a bit more info on somethen jus ask me...i know m ymachine pretty well. late

~Tripp

·
Overclockiit
3,419 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp

i have a self built AMD comp. its not much...its a 1.4gig, 256 ram comp...i OCed to 1.6. and i bought a 512 ddr ram chip. ok i have a eliete gruop K7 mobo. people said i can put my ddr 512 and my ddr 256 together and it shudnt be a prob. so i did that and after about 10 mins it blue screened and i had to reformat cuz it would get to the windows loading screen then just restart. so i just tryed the 512. it worked for about a week then it bluescreened again... i know my 256 works perfectly and the 512 is a lil weird....but someone told me i have to change the voltage setting on my ram. ?=/ i donno how u do that or even if its true. if n e one knows whats up..it would be greatly aprecieated. thx guys. if n e one needs a bit more info on somethen jus ask me...i know m ymachine pretty well. late

~Tripp

Hmm are both sticks of your ram the same speed?
In other words what speed is your 256 stick and what speed is your 512 stick? If they are not the same speeds then thats your problem, if they are the same speeds then you should try putting your computer to default and see how it runs for a few days if you dont crash then you know it was your Oc that was causing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts