Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen that many members feel a level or debt to the site and are willing to volunteer time, resources and/or energy to the site to help improve it.

Can we setup a sign-up sheet on the site were the members can list how they would be willing to assist the site?

My logic is, more volunteer efforts = less cost = more money to further develop or expand site.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
He is correct I'll go ahead and post what I would be willing to give up for this site.

Server space when I get this baby fired (but not on a T1 till august next year) 2mbps dl 500kbps ul.

All my machines, a comptuer connected to georgia techs internet but a bit slow.

what else, name it I may give it (if I have it)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley

He is correct I'll go ahead and post what I would be willing to give up for this site.

Server space when I get this baby fired (but not on a T1 till august next year) 2mbps dl 500kbps ul.

All that CPU and not even T1...ouch!!!!!!! I'm like T4 baby!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As for myself I am willing to volunteer my services

webdesign - intermediate
database Admin - Intermediate
Accounting - Advanced

and when I finish School I will have a Bachelors in Information System Security and I will offer my services when the knowledge is complete.

And for my Non-Profit Idea I submitted to Admin via PM, I am still willing to assist in that project.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
oh yes personal skills (or skillz)

Early IT
Web design - mediocre
Programming:
C -mediocre/Advance
C++ - Advance (Yes there is a difference)
Java -Mediocre
VB.Net - Advance (who isn't)
PHP - learning
perl - planned in the next couple of months.

Please someone give me something to program!!! I've been bored off my rocker lately and 3 friends and I have been looking for something short of a new operating system (We are going to build the first Quantum OS :-D no just joking) All of us are at exiting doctorate level or higher in our abillity to program in C++. Name it we can do it. And if we can't at the moment we can in the span of 2 months figure out how to do it.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Master bumber here. Gandalf: "you shall not die"

Would anyone else be willing to volunteer, I want to prove to admin that we are willing to help.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Quote:

Lol My dsl currently is 3 mbps dl and 386kbps ul

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
i'd help out with anything that i can. ive got no experience in programming, but i could help out with some administrative stuff... def wanna help out, in any way i can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts