Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Pole Vault Champ & Disco
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ASUS Crosshair IV

Looks like the fellas over in the UK have been busy with an interesting mobo.

Quote:
The new Crosshair IV Extreme from ASUS' Republic of Gamers brand delivers compatibility with some of the fastest processors available through the AMD890FX chipset. It further ships with CrossLinx 3 technology, which enables multi-GPU usability with graphics cards from different vendors and generations. The new motherboard also comes with a slew of user-friendly overclocking features, including ROG Connect, RC Bluetooth and ROG iDirect.
Source

·
Registered
760 Posts
Holy crap
It looks like theres 10 pounds worth of heatsinks on there. *imagines the OC's in the future*

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have to honest here... I am really disappointed with how long it is taking asus to release this mobo, they announced it at the same time as the formula variant, and I have been waiting for this one, but to be honest, at this point im more likely to just grab the formula. there just isnt enough extra here to warrant the wait. There still isnt even a rumor on the release date for this thing. its like the physical manifestation of duke nukem forever

·
Registered
299 Posts
Those heatsinks are stacked!! I do agree with the above comment about relase date. It seems those on the AMD platform have to wait longer which is disappointing.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
And what everybody is thinking, will this mb have the same nb issues as the AC4..

If not I just might get one, even though my AC4 is plenty enough for me..

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rizmo View Post
i dont get it, other than the heatsinks whats the difference between this and the asus crosshair 4 formula...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...us%20crosshair
the extreme has the lucid hydra chip which enables you to pair any two GPUs in a multi GPU setup

btw, anyone heard anything about the price if this mobo ?

·
Window Shopping
1,921 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bastyn99 View Post

"US pricing and availability is unknown, but TechConnect reports that it's available for preorder in Europe for €290 -- the rough equivalent of $378."

http://www.techspot.com/news/40334-a...therboard.html

Not sure how reliable it is, but there it is.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I don't see the point of getting this but just to brag about it..

Surely almost most of the OCN will switch to Bulldozer and Bulldozer require AM3+ which this Mobo don't have.. so you gonna spend $300+ that only last you maybe 6months?

I'd wait for Asus Crosshair V Extreme (maybe that'll be named for AM3+
)

Asus fail on this one, they just release this too late, if it was last year then it'll be ok...

·
Banned
5,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bastyn99 View Post
the extreme has the lucid hydra chip which enables you to pair any two GPUs in a multi GPU setup

300 bucks.

too late and too expensive not worth it, even tho it has lucid hydra.
besides, my case wont fit a EATX mobo

·
Registered
85 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enfluenza View Post
300 bucks.

too late and too expensive not worth it, even tho it has lucid hydra.
besides, my case wont fit a EATX mobo

It's only 1 inch wider than ATX motherboards. It's not a true EATX motherboard.

·
Banned
5,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helios1234
View Post

It's only 1 inch wider than ATX motherboards. It's not a true EATX motherboard.

so what is it then? micro-extended ATX?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts