Overclock.net banner

[Vortez] Cooler Master Hyper 612S Review with Alpenfohn K2 Results!

5K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Oedipus 
#1 ·
Quote:
For as long as I can remember, Cooler Master have been a household name in the computer market and their industry leading position has been a function of two major factors; quality and affordability across a diverse range of products. Nothing quite epitomises this as their Hyper 212 Plus CPU cooler. Released over two years ago, it redefined the cooling market in more ways than even Cooler Master could anticipate. Here were £50 coolers like Noctua and Thermalright battling to hold the performance crown, only for the Hyper 212+ to come in at under half the price and deliver much of the performance of its competitors. Its success immediately reverberated across forums where the cooler became the first port of call for anyone looking to build a budget rig without compromising on performance. Handling a heavily overclocked CPU is no mean feat and yet this £20 cooler (sometimes even cheaper!) coped happily and left its competitors puzzled. Two years on since our review and Cooler Master have decided to revive the Hyper line with several brand new products; the 412 PWM, 612 PWM, and 612S. The latter two are essentially the same but bundle different fans. As expected, the 'S' denotes silence meaning the 612S is targeted at users wanting both performance and low noise, and this is the variant we will be taking a look at today.
index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=11673

SOURCE

I'm not too fussed about the 612 myself, although it does seem decent, but the charts has results for the K2! From what I can gather from their forums, a second sample is being sent but still interesting to see some results of it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like it does a good job...but I still think I'd want the Silver Arrow or K2 more.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolking23;15334491
I'm not too fussed about the 612 myself, although it does seem decent,
I'm getting fussed about it because the 612 and the HR-02 Macho represent the next generation of high end air cooling. To put it in perspective, the HR-02 Macho performs on par with the Archon out of the box, while being only $50. A whopping $40 less, almost 50% off. The Hyper 612 PWM is about the same level while being only $40. In that Vortez review, the 612 is .5C off from the stock H100 fans on low setting (i.e. same noise). That's one third the price for the same performance. I'm not exactly sure what they're doing differently now, but expect to see it in the next round of top air coolers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.