Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,308 Posts
About flipping time Intel........

*reads

2.4Ghz, 2W chips with 2560x1600 screens.........

I'd be happy with the 1.8GHz and 1920x1200 tbh.

Forget surpassing, if they can just match the current clover trail battery life with those kinds of specs, it would be very nice indeed.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
No HyperThreading on these, I assume?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post

No HyperThreading on these, I assume?
It all depends if these processor's support's out of order execution. The biggest reason why they even bothered with it on the Atoms is the lack of out of order execution.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapman02 View Post

It all depends if these processor's support's out of order execution. The biggest reason why they even bothered with it on the Atoms is the lack of out of order execution.
OoOE and HyperThreading are not tied together though?

The benefit of HT is there something like a 5-10% transistor cost but a possibility of up to a 40% gain in certain heavily threaded applications.

Inclusion of HT really depends on usage.... for smartphones/tablets, I would think 4-cores is enough that HT would not provide enough benefit to be worth it. However, on microserver, Atoms probably will have HT even with 4-cores.

·
Null
6,330 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usario View Post

Why can't Intel give us the TDP numbers instead of insisting on sticking with their SDP scam?
rolleyes.gif

"uh, we think, for most people, in most systems, that it will put out this much heat, usually"
what's more important for your average consumer product? A TDP rating comparable to somebody Folding @Home or a TDP rating representative of the average user workload? (internet browsing, small gaming, media consumption etc...)

·
Waiting on New Hardware
4,478 Posts
at least they even list a power number. Ask Samsung, Qualcomm, or Apple and see if they'll give you any number at all

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf View Post

Teh ram limit is the real killer here... these would make great embedded processors, if and only if, they could have more ram, and good linux driver support...
There will be embedded and server lines as well. Those will support more memory.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post

There will be embedded and server lines as well. Those will support more memory.
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the benefit of an embedded server part?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Funny how the min resolution on these new Atoms is the max resolution for most ordinary laptops.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts