Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,616 Posts
Suicide run. 1.576V for 45nm is murder. Hell, I don't do it on my 65nm.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:


Originally Posted by Domino
View Post

As long as you keep it cool, does it matter? Just wondering....

Electromigration can kill a chip way before temperature does. Or so I thought.
 

·
Senior Overclocker
Joined
·
5,049 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by noname
View Post

This means its not very good at overclocking, since low vcore is an important variable in deciding if it OCs well...

1.576 is just stupid...

yeah .. and now theyr trying to save i7s image with this "awesome" oc ... to bad the v is way higher than even a 65nm should run at ... yea u could get a Qx6850 at 4.2ghz or something with 1.65v .. but that is plain stupid
how much does that chip go with max 1.36v?? 3.4ghz? maybe 3.6? pathetic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Cryptedvick
View Post

yeah .. and now theyr trying to save i7s image with this "awesome" oc ... to bad the v is way higher than even a 65nm should run at ... yea u could get a Qx6850 at 4.2ghz or something with 1.65v .. but that is plain stupid
how much does that chip go with max 1.36v?? 3.4ghz? maybe 3.6? pathetic

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,991 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Cryptedvick
View Post

yeah .. and now theyr trying to save i7s image with this "awesome" oc ... to bad the v is way higher than even a 65nm should run at ... yea u could get a Qx6850 at 4.2ghz or something with 1.65v .. but that is plain stupid
how much does that chip go with max 1.36v?? 3.4ghz? maybe 3.6? pathetic

but yet your q6600 needs 1.4 to only get to 3.4 and I bet even at 2.6 the core i7 will outperform your q6600...

I ran 1.65 to my qx9650 for a good 200 bench runs without any problems...

I wouldn't run 1.57 though for 24/7 highest is 1.4 ish
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,160 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Cryptedvick
View Post

yeah .. and now theyr trying to save i7s image with this "awesome" oc ... to bad the v is way higher than even a 65nm should run at ... yea u could get a Qx6850 at 4.2ghz or something with 1.65v .. but that is plain stupid
how much does that chip go with max 1.36v?? 3.4ghz? maybe 3.6? pathetic

No. Even at lower clocked speeds the i7 will spank your quad in all benchmarks save gaming(unless you have multi-GPU)

Besides, they got the i7 920 to 3.8Ghz with only 1.35vcore, Q6600s max out at 3.6 on air cooling. I also think they got it to 3.99Ghz with 1.4vcore, which isn't life threatening for a quad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
So, Evga basically stole cpuz's look for their little software? Never have seen there utility before. Wonder how far they can get on stock voltage?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,616 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iggster View Post
but its ok for him to call corei7 a failure when its the fastest thing out? LOL

I am still waiting for you boyfriends vantage score or whats the excuse today? (he is a boy and your friend right?)
PS: Core i7 isn't out and neither is Deneb so you should both stop the slinging...especially you because you always do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NrGx View Post
PS: Core i7 isn't out and neither is Deneb so you should both stop the slinging...especially you because you always do it.
Core i7 is out, Central Computers in Sunnyvale, CA had some in stock a few days ago.

Mods should just lock these thread, they all seem to be full of hate. You have to get a new MB and DDR3 ram get over it. -.- If you can't afford it go AMD jeez, quit hating.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
You guys need to read my PC Gamer's Manifesto, let me quote:

Section 1, Sub Section Q: If you can't afford it, insult it!

Gamers who spend lots of money on a system are very likely to be upset when a newer technology arrives, especially one that outperforms there's. But do not fret, you can justify your own purchase by pointing out every flaw in the newer model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Croft View Post
You guys need to read my PC Gamer's Manifesto, let me quote:

Section 1, sub section Q: If you can't afford it, insult it!

Gamers who spend lots of money on a system are very likely to be upset when a newer technology arrives, especially one that outproforms there's. But do not fret, you can justify your own purchase by pointing out every flaw in the newer model.
This comment's off topic, but notice its 3 Californian defending a new product.
=P
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,065 Posts
Wasn't there a post here on OCN where the i7 920 was clocked at the same 4.4 on air with lower vcore? I think that the evga board can't handle the i7
This could be bad for evga if others are reaching better OC's. Maybe this is just a modded 790i. I hope not, I was really looking forward to the evga board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,864 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by BizzareRide
View Post

No. Even at lower clocked speeds the i7 will spank your quad in all benchmarks save gaming(unless you have multi-GPU)

Besides, they got the i7 920 to 3.8Ghz with only 1.35vcore, Q6600s max out at 3.6 on air cooling. I also think they got it to 3.99Ghz with 1.4vcore, which isn't life threatening for a quad.

1.35 vcore for a 45nm is a no-no.

the people who are comparing an i7(45nm) at 3.8 ghz at 1.35 to a q6600 (65nm) are making baseless arguments. running a 45nm at 1.35 volts is NOT GOOD, you can't run it 24/7 without a huge risk of electromigration...but the q6600 on the other hand can.
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top