Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nvidia plans GeForce GTX 275 against Radeon HD 4890

Quote:
VR-Zone learned about a suprise counterattack from Nvidia against the Radeon HD 4890 RV790 card where both camps' offerings are slated for launch on April 6th. Nvidia has briefed their partners only very recently and details have been pretty vague so far. However, it seems Nvidia is confident that this card will be able to compete, if not, wins its competitor's offering.

CJ told us that GeForce GTX 275 is gunning for US$229-$279 price range which competes directly against the Radeon HD 4890 card at similar price point. One possible configuration of the card could be 216 SPs, 512-bit memory interface and higher clocks than GTX 260. Another less possible config could be 240 SPs with 448-bit memory interface.
Source

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
sex just got sexier

OT - The market is too saturated.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Com'on GTX260 price drops!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Com'on GTX260 price drops!
You're dead serious about this aren't you, even though the price just dropped to $199 lol
You going for SLI-ing the 260s? Cuz I noticed you already have one.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion
View Post

What... GTX 275???

GTX 260/192 (correct)
GTX 260/216 (GTX 270)
GTX 260/55nm (GTX 275)
GTX 280 (correct)
GTX 285 (correct)
GTX 275 (GTX 290?)

My head is about to implode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't the 260/216 already 55nm? so are there three versions of the 260?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
nvidia naming is stupid.. a lot of rebranding and renaming makes customers(non-tech oriented) get fooled and confused... well, a good marketing strategy for the company tho..

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karasu
View Post

You're dead serious about this aren't you, even though the price just dropped to $199 lol
You going for SLI-ing the 260s? Cuz I noticed you already have one.

GTX260 55nm can be found for $199 AR can be found as of 2 weeks ago.....

Hoping for less sooner!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
OMG this rebranding is killing me. BTW my mom was shopping for laptops and she saw one that had an ATI radeon 3650 and one with an Nvidia Geforce 9800M. She figured, well 9800M must be better than 3650 because it's a higher number.

That's how uneducated people shop for graphics cards. The naming needs to make more sense Nvidia.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbobb
View Post

Yes. There are 3 different versions of the 260. 65nm 192 and 216, plus the 55nm 216.

Wow....

Quote:

Originally Posted by curly haired boy
View Post

i'm quitting nvidia until they get over their multiple personality disorder.

Lol

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I wish they would just stop and focus on their dx11 cards for now. Stop making tiny little jumps and focus on the next bigger jump and make sure it works when it comes out.

I hate being tempted by all these price cuts and new cards
. I want to upgrade now, but must resist till dx11...

Of course, the longer I wait, the less I will get for my 8800GTS when I sell it. Always seems to be a lose, lose situation.

·
Premium Member
15,202 Posts
The xx5 part of that makes me think it's a dual. Since the only other card bearing that is a dual. But that's sort of obvious.

I'm surprised they plan to combat a single card with a dual card, i thought they bashed that... repeatedly.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts