Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
In the discussions surrounding the launch of NVIDIA Kepler (GK104 - GTX 680 and GK107 - GT 640M) architecture, we learned a lot of interesting details from NVIDIA engineers and marketing staff. Interested in GPGPU in a smartphone?

According to the sources in the know, Tegra 4 will utilize a GPGPU-compliant, i.e. CUDA-compliant graphics core which is very power savvy. Since a single Kepler-based 20W GPU is enough to run Battlefield 3 with Ultra details in 1366x768 resolution, a 1W GPU should be more than good enough to run Angry Birds in current and next-gen smartphone and tablet designs. Also, with the breakthrough in smartphone i.e. superphone design, you can expect that next generation of superphones such as Motorola's Droid Razr MAXX to carry 2500-3300 mAh batteries, and that will get you both the desired thinness and long battery life.
Source

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
I thought we could already play angry birds though.

Sent from my LTE Galaxy Note using tapatalk

·
Watercooled Railgun
4,630 Posts
Would be awesome... but i don't really see myself BOINCing away my battery on my phone. Bet it'll run out of juice after 2-3 WU's
biggrin.gif

And other than the Autocad app, i don't really see anything actually using GPGPU for a consumer.

·
PC Evangelist
47,459 Posts
Wow Quad Core A15. Thats like so fast.

·
100LB Rig Club
2,573 Posts
Can it fold? Even a single WU a day would be win.

Girl: What is that on your phone?
You: Oh, just finding the cure to cancer.

Chicks love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts