Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://translate.google.com.ph/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fchinese.vr-zone.com%2F19518%2Fasus-rog-maximus-v-extreme-hand-on-06042012%2F
Quote:
For ASUS of ROG has always been a favorite of players seems to have not seen the Z77 chipset Maximus, V Extreme figure.

Motherboard aspects of ROG series, ASUS motherboard in the hearts of gamers have been enjoying a very important position, the Z77 chipset has not as yet see the traces of Extreme and Formula finally meet with you at Computex 2012!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I'm sure 12 phase is good enough, but every one else is going like 20+ Why not ASUS?

• Rep+
Reactions: SoliDD

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayennemist View Post

I'm sure 12 phase is good enough, but every one else is going like 20+ Why not ASUS?
Number of phases means little to nothing as far as how they perform.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superericla View Post

Number of phases means little to nothing as far as how they perform.
AGREED!
Quote:
I'm sure 12 phase is good enough
Just thought they would try and compete with GIG and ASRock on this... If it makes it cost less than I'm in!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayennemist View Post

"Quality Over Quantity" - it sums it up just right.

Edit:
Source link isnt working.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Google translate fail.

Asus ROG has always been the favourite amongst the enthusiasts, but we seem to haven't yet spotted the Maximus V Extreme.

In the motherboard world, Asus ROG's line of motherboards always had a very important position in the hearts of enthusiasts, but as for the Z77 chipset, we still haven't yet spotted the whereabouts of the Extreme and Formula, but we finally met them face to face at Computex 2012!

In terms of specifications, we didn't really dug deep into it, but only provided a few pictures for reference. We will let everyone know the physical specifications in a follow-up article.

But we did notice that included with the Maximus V Extreme is Thunderbolt and Subzero Sense. As we all know the Maximus V Extreme is still under development stage, therefore there're not yet any heatsink on the motherboard itself. On the other hand, there seems to be some changes to the sound card, and we will explain this in detail in the fololow-up article.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Somene go to related articles and post a translation of the Asus mars iii as news I'm on my phone and can't and no one has yet, thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
How come the VRM heatsink on those pictures don't have the water cooling nozzle thingies?

Also I prefer the heatsink design of the Gene board.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish View Post

Somene go to related articles and post a translation of the Asus mars iii as news I'm on my phone and can't and no one has yet, thanks.
Mars III entering third generation, will be using a pair of Kepler GK104!

Asus ROG graphics cards, besides showing off the Radeon HD 7970 Matrix, also had the Mars III graphics card using the Kepler GK 104 on display.

here're always surprises on tech shows, and this time Asus finally showed off the Mars III on their booth.

The all new Mars III graphics card, has a shroud made out of metal material, and has a red and black theme going on the colour scheme, but PM said this card is still not the final version, maybe in the future there will be changes to the aesthetics.

Using 8 + 8 + 8 pins, providing an absolutely ginormous 8GB of GDDR5 frame buffer, has three DVI and one mini display port on the output side of things, sadly the clock speeds have yet to be announced.

We will report first hand if there're any updates.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolXDFace View Post

How come the VRM heatsink on those pictures don't have the water cooling nozzle thingies?
You're thinking of a different board. The one with wc fittings is a lower end one.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
That's one huge VRM heatsink. It also wants so much power you need 3x CPU 4-pin connector.

·
1689 Federalist
11,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolXDFace View Post

You're thinking of a different board. The one with wc fittings is a lower end one.
I'm pretty sure it was this one too. Not sure there is a lower end full size ROG board. Unless its a non extreme.

Actually the pic at the source shows it.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

I'm pretty sure it was this one too. Not sure there is a lower end full size ROG board. Unless its a non extreme.
Actually the pic at the source shows it.
lower end board in the foreground. and the extreme behind it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
lower end = maximus v formula. it has the wc component to it. Also should have some good audio stuff on it. It's yet to be released and its what I was thinking about getting so I could have a cool wc set up, especially with an overclocked 3770k since those things need as much cooling as they can get. Can someone compare the two when they release the formulas specs? I wanna know how much better this Extreme is and if its worth me buying.
redface.gif

1 - 20 of 257 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.