Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Big difference in gaming... I'm quite suprissed how the 3570K manages an extra 10+ fps in battlefield 3
BF3 loves HT off maybe?
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Interesting read.
But still I'm glad I went with the 3930K.
tongue.gif

·
Pinoy po mga koya
7,525 Posts
they should've named it. "How well hyperthreading works" instead of the original title
tongue.gif
I would've preferred max overclocks of both cpu's. without hyperthreading it's safe to say the i5 would overclock a little bit better

·
Registered
291 Posts
Interesting that the 3570k comes out ahead in a few cases. But it's not a huge jump in price to add hyperthreading and also general improvements.

I'm satisfied with my purchase, but the gap between i5 and i7 in this generation sure isn't what it used to be.

·
Read Only
10,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Big difference in gaming... I'm quite suprissed how the 3570K manages an extra 10+ fps in battlefield 3
Wasn't the i5-2500K able to outperform the i7-2600K in some gaming or am I just remembering things wrong?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Wasn't the i5-2500K able to outperform the i7-2600K in some gaming or am I just remembering things wrong?
i believe it is the same as with these charts where some games/applications dont appreciate HT so they perform slightly worse/the same

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
I got much better performance in BF3 with HT off with my i7 (although I only have a bloomfield).

I used to get awful stuttering in BC2 and BF3 before I turned HT off. Didn't see any effects in other games however.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousand Thollars View Post

Interesting that the 3570k comes out ahead in a few cases. But it's not a huge jump in price to add hyperthreading and also general improvements.
I'm satisfied with my purchase, but the gap between i5 and i7 in this generation sure isn't what it used to be.
I'm getting into 3d and level design so I stepped up and there's no comparison in some of the rendering operations when generating maps between the 2500K and this 2700K at 5 GHz. I have no doubt that the 3770K's are good but when they're ~300MHz better than SB and most people seem to be getting lowish clocking chips I ended up sticking with SB since SB-E is out of my price range atm.

I'm surprised that the 3570K is beating the 3770K in BF3 though I tried after upgrading to the 2700K and I seemed to be getting better performance on average. Maybe the review still has core parking on...

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts