Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i had a big problem with CAT 9.2 , making my system unstable for some reason , but after i finish fixing the problem i tough that my windows was corrupted , so i did a fresh install and after finishing with the install this is what i got .

and the HDD is only 7 months old , i got it from the egg , should i start RMA process?

LL

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Looks like the HDD crashed. I would see if you can try to keep reproducing the problem and than do the same thing on a different HDD to see if it continues.

·
Kickin n screamin
1,776 Posts
WD has a 3 yr warranty on their drives and are great with the RMA process.

You can run the WD tools to see if it's bad.
If it it,
RMA it

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tools , where?

Yea i think is bad, it takes way longer to load windows and to open any thing i want, i could drink a coffee before i get any thing

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Just means you don't have Admin rights. I would run it with an account that does have Admin right or in safe mode.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sounds like your harddrive is failing on you. I had a smiliar situation. Everything was just dragging along. Luckily I was able to slave it and pull data off it....but even accessing the data was sooooo slow.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I also had one of my HDD 'fail' on me too. I spent 3 straight days testing the thing out. The actual problem was the SATA cable was loose. I would try that out too. Never know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts