Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in a pickle right now..im ready for a new computer but am2 hasnt come out yet. I origionally planned on buying a dual core opty but then saw am2 was around to corner so I scratched that idea. heres my question:

should I buy a dfi ultra d and an opty 144 and oc to tide me over until am2 comes out and sell those parts then upgrade

or

splurge and buy the opty dual core along with a dfi sli dr

the two upgrades will go with the specs in my sig except for a new psu, case, and ram.

plz help

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well, imo, the point of getting dual core right now, is to future proof your system, which i wouldn't think would be too effective with a new socket and line of technology coming out from amd. If you are at 2.6 stabilily, i wouldn't think spending $200 on an extra 200mhz (in reference towards getting a 144)would be worth it either. Why are you in such a rush? Your 7800gtx should be more than enough to handle the games out currently.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
You have an excellent system atm. It all depends on your ability to generate funds

If you are able to generate money fairly easily then why not? My advice is more relegated to your ability to create funds. I move systems every six months because it is something I enjoy and can easily afford. I gain a lot of satisfaction in the research and creation process so if you do as well and can easily afford it then who am I to advise you to not have fun

R

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Yup, like the other guys said, if you've got the cash to spend, go ahead. You definently don't NEED an upgrade any time in the near future, but if you want it and you can pay for it without like... selling all your furniture or something, go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts