Discussion Starter #1
THE 2900XT IS A BIG FAT FAIL

Very pissed off at my 2900xt. Problems after problems

• Rep+
Reactions: Dopamin3

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Okkkayyy....and why are you using such an old card?

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by timw4mail
View Post

Well i have for awhile.

I JUST DIDN'T THINK ATI WOULD MAKE A FAIL CARD. ATI = KNOWS HOW TO FAIL WITH 2900XT

·
Premium Member
6,995 Posts
The last adjective I would use to describe a 2900 is "cool", lol. (or quiet)

I will say, I had a Pro that I liked. I think only becasue you could get close to the same performance as an XT. (plus, I had it under water, so it was not loud)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Quote:

View Post

u should see mine lol

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleC
View Post

u should see mine lol

That seems closer to the age of the rig in comparison, though.

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

View Post

That seems closer to the age of the rig in comparison, though.

Don't matter anyway. I got a 9800GT and my 2900xt is DOWN on the floor where it belongs

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
All ati graphics cards should belong on the floor D:

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Seriously, what is the point of this thread? I shouldn't even be posting to this thread, but in case you weren't just trolling here is what I think about the HD2900XT.

The HD2900XT was big, hot, and power hungry. The performance it delivered wasn't up to snuff. That being said, it wasn't a "bad" card by any means. I had the GDDR4 version of the 2900XT 1GB and it wasn't too far below the performance the my 8800 GTS 512, at least in most games. Heck, in TES4:Oblivion I got BETTER performance out of the 2900XT and it didn't suffer from micro stutter like I sometimes got with the G92 8800.

To the person who said "All ATI cards should be on the floor": Performance and value aside, here are the return rates on the current ATI cards and the current Nvidia cards
- Radeon HD 4870: 3.2%
- Radeon HD 4850: 1.9%

- GeForce GTX 280: 9.9%
- GeForce GTX 260: 4.3%
(source:http://www.behardware.com/news/lire/16-03-2009/)

Now, I've owned multiple Nvidia cards over the years, starting with the TNT2, and multiple ATI cards starting with the Rage Pro. I'm currently running a 4870 1GB and love it. Before that I was gaming on a G92 8800 GTS and thought it was a wonderful card. I will go where I think the value and performance are every time, regardless of manufacturer. I don't understand why so many of you out there form such loyalty to companies that at the end of the day are looking out for their bottom line.

• Rep+
Reactions: Mr. Stroker

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mygaffer
View Post

Seriously, what is the point of this thread? I shouldn't even be posting to this thread, but in case you weren't just trolling here is what I think about the HD2900XT.

The HD2900XT was big, hot, and power hungry. The performance it delivered wasn't up to snuff. That being said, it wasn't a "bad" card by any means. I had the GDDR4 version of the 2900XT 1GB and it wasn't too far below the performance the my 8800 GTS 512, at least in most games. Heck, in TES4:Oblivion I got BETTER performance out of the 2900XT and it didn't suffer from micro stutter like I sometimes got with the G92 8800.

To the person who said "All ATI cards should be on the floor": Performance and value aside, here are the return rates on the current ATI cards and the current Nvidia cards
- Radeon HD 4870: 3.2%
- Radeon HD 4850: 1.9%

- GeForce GTX 280: 9.9%
- GeForce GTX 260: 4.3%
(source:http://www.behardware.com/news/lire/16-03-2009/)

Now, I've owned multiple Nvidia cards over the years, starting with the TNT2, and multiple ATI cards starting with the Rage Pro. I'm currently running a 4870 1GB and love it. Before that I was gaming on a G92 8800 GTS and thought it was a wonderful card. I will go where I think the value and performance are every time, regardless of manufacturer. I don't understand why so many of you out there form such loyalty to companies that at the end of the day are looking out for their bottom line.

WOW calm down fan boy

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Quote:

All ati graphics cards should belong on the floor D:

Sadly, after hours of trying to get my Radeon working with Linux, I can't but agree with this. Hurts to say this, being an ATI fanboy and all, but NVIDIA wins this round.

Going back to my 8500GT (again) soon...

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyNikel
View Post

WOW calm down fan boy

Did you even read my post? My whole point was that BOTH COMPANIES MAKE FINE CARDS!

Have we heard of a little something called "reading comprehension"?

P.S. Sorry for the font, I didn't realize it would come out quite that large.

• Rep+
Reactions: Taiketo

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by darksideleader
View Post

i like tacos.

Damn Straight

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Leetard179
View Post

/Threadworthy

I'll tell you one card that isn't threadwrothy.

MY 2900XT. IT FAILS

1 - 20 of 40 Posts