Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a computer monitor that I will be able to hook up to my PS2 / SNES / N64 / PS3.

What are some of the best 21" - 23" monitors that would work well with AV/RCA component devices and older gaming systems?

Is this even a possibility?

I am open to all price ranges below $400.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Edit: I apologize I named the wrong input. Feel pretty stupid atm. I had meant AV/RCA not VGA... (I don't know why I would I want VGA.. )

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
I would just go for a Small TV like a Samsung 21.5" LT22B300. That way you don't have to mess around with adapters and crap just plug in the stuff. Well you need a scart hub for that many consoles.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post

Well you need a scart hub for that many consoles.
I apologize, I didn't mean to hook up every single system at the same time, I just wanted a monitor that was compatible with all of the above.

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Yoshi View Post

I apologize, I didn't mean to hook up every single system at the same time, I just wanted a monitor that was compatible with all of the above.
Well assuming all the old consoles are running scart or scart adaptable (like AV/RCA) outputs then yeah it should work. If you are looking to hook up ye oldi RF antenna (your SNES might have this) then you need a older TV with a analog tuner.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They should all have AV/RCA adapters. I am trying to avoid TV tuners, as I already know that is a possible solution.

So is my only option buying a small TV? I was really hoping to get an actual Computer Monitor.

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
Quote:

They should all have AV/RCA adapters. I am trying to avoid TV tuners, as I already know that is a possible solution.

So is my only option buying a small TV? I was really hoping to get an actual Computer Monitor.
Well the LT22B300 is pretty much a PC monitor with some extra crap bolted on. You can always get an monitor but then you need adapters and speakers and all that crap. Do you really want to go that route?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already have a speaker system, and just want the computer monitor.

I just looked up the LT22B300, and its not sold in the US...

Even on Amazon its UK only.

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
Quote:

I already have a speaker system, and just want the computer monitor.

I just looked up the LT22B300, and its not sold in the US...

Even on Amazon its UK only.
Well then you could go the adapter route. Get what ever PC monitor strikes your fancy and get a Scart/component to HDMI Upscaler Converter--> http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=+to+HDMI+1080P+Full+HD+Upscaler+Converter&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3A+to+HDMI+1080P+Full+HD+Upscaler+Converter

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked tat those in the past, the problem is that i can't have the monitor both hooked up to my computer and have the ps2 attached to it. I always have to choose one or the other. What I originally wanted was to be able to just switch back and forth, between inputs.

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
Quote:

I looked tat those in the past, the problem is that i can't have the monitor both hooked up to my computer and have the ps2 attached to it. I always have to choose one or the other. What I originally wanted was to be able to just switch back and forth, between inputs.
Then its either a Small Samsung TV (pretty much all 27" and smaller are based on PC screens) or you get a HDMI hub.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quote:

I can't recall seeing a computer monitor with RCA inputs. By RCA do you mean composite video (one connection, yellow label) or component (three connections, red, blue and green label)? Regardsless, I've never seen a computer monitor with either of those inputs. You'll need to get a TV that also has computer inputs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABuckeye View Post

component (three connections, red, blue and green label).
3 Connection component, which should also work with the old Red Yellow and White cables that the N64 PS!/PS2 have.

I guess I just have to get a TV..

Thank you, everyone, for the help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just to give you a heads up a console like the SNES and other as old look like **** on a HD tv. Any thing ps2 and up looks ok. For the old stuff I would find a old crt tv. You can find them for like no money by where you live. That is just what I would do if I was you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quote:

3 Connection component, which should also work with the old Red Yellow and White cables that the N64 PS!/PS2 have.

I guess I just have to get a TV..

Thank you, everyone, for the help.
Does not exist in computer monitor format. As I indicated you are going to have to get a TV to suit this purpose and you may have to get an older model to get the inputs you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts