Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Overdrive
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a machine with an Intel i9-7980XE cpu, and would like recommendations for 2K/4K editing packages which make the best use of many cores/threads to cut compile time.
It will be a few weeks before the box is operational. It will have NVMe ssd's and a 1080ti. I have two 1080p monitors and one 4K 32" at the moment.

So far, I have been using a cheap and simple editor which is single thread and quite slow. I'm not familiar with professional editing packages, except a little with Pinnacle. I asked Corel about it, and they could only say it uses all four cores of their lab machine.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Overdrive
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks lexer. I read more on preferred packages for editing and decided to use a 7940x, as it seemed to be the speediest with available s/w like Premier. This makes sense since well less than 14 cores/28 threads seem to be used, and since it has a higher base clock than the 20x, 60x or 80xe.

·
Watercooled
872 Posts
Thanks lexer. I read more on preferred packages for editing and decided to use a 7940x, as it seemed to be the speediest with available s/w like Premier. This makes sense since well less than 14 cores/28 threads seem to be used, and since it has a higher base clock than the 20x, 60x or 80xe.
Yes i will be a better value for that application. If you are planing running that chip with MCE enabled (all cores @ 4.3Ghz) you need VERY good cooling. Consider at least a 280mm AIO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts