Overclock.net banner

Want some rubber grommets?

41684 Views 72 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  jaKalaKn
Want some rubber grommets exactly like those on the Corsair 700D and 800D?

I contacted Corsair's customer support about it. They emailed me a few days ago and told me they shipped.

Best part about it all? It was free. I got some rubber grommets for my Alienware case free.

Just thought I'd post this in case there was someone like me who had to get his hands no some nice looking grommets.
  • Rep+
Reactions: [Adz] and massy086
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamtheonlystevo View Post
holy crap! that's a lot of grommets!
Haha, I know. I only expected a few.

I got 10 large grommets, and 3 small ones.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Satsukeshi View Post
I ordered some, insanely easy, so thanks! When you cut your wire management holes, you should post the pattern you used.. Heh
It's good to see I helped someone.


I'll be posting some pictures of the holes sometime.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Hi,

I need to acquire replacement motherboard grommets, such as found on the Corsair 700D. What would be the way to go about that, and how much do they cost?

Thank you for your time!
(insert first and last name here)

Even though I figured I'd get them at no cost, I wanted to throw in the question, so that they didn't think I was a freeloader, and would be more willing to help out. Plus, at that time I didn't know if there would be a shipping charge or not (there isn't).
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,432 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Satsukeshi View Post
Hi,

I need to acquire replacement motherboard grommets, such as found on the Corsair 700D. What would be the way to go about that, and how much do they cost?

Thank you for your time!
(insert first and last name here)

Even though I figured I'd get them at no cost, I wanted to throw in the question, so that they didn't think I was a freeloader, and would be more willing to help out. Plus, at that time I didn't know if there would be a shipping charge or not (there isn't).
Ah okay thanks.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Could someone do me a favor and measure their holes in the 800d? the ones with the grommets (but measure without the grommets). please, thanks. Im making holes in my case and i would like to know the exact sizes of these holes, so i when i get some of these grommets, they will fit perfectly.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dusters16 View Post
Could someone do me a favor and measure their holes in the 800d? the ones with the grommets (but measure without the grommets). please, thanks. Im making holes in my case and i would like to know the exact sizes of these holes, so i when i get some of these grommets, they will fit perfectly.
I don't have an 800D, but my grommets fit perfectly in the holes I cut.

I'll measure them when I get back from school.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,621 Posts
Lying is not good...I would feel fine about this if I had an 800D, but I do not...
Thanks for the heads up, but I don't think you should ever lie. Full stop.

Can't wait to see the mod, and thanks for the link Smasher.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdolphin View Post
Lying is not good...I would feel fine about this if I had an 800D, but I do not...
Thanks for the heads up, but I don't think you should ever lie. Full stop.

Can't wait to see the mod, and thanks for the link Smasher.
If you think that is lying, then you have a bit of learning to do. I did not lie once in that request I made to corsair, and I do not appreciate the implication. I requested replacement grommets, such as those found on the 700D. I never said once that I had one, and if you would take the time to read the message, I expressed willingness to pay for them. I never expect apologies to take place over an internet setting, so I won't ask for one, but I would appreciate it if you would read full into the situation before taking the time out of your day to give a morality lecture.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdolphin View Post
Lying is not good...I would feel fine about this if I had an 800D, but I do not...
Thanks for the heads up, but I don't think you should ever lie. Full stop.

Can't wait to see the mod, and thanks for the link Smasher.
Thank you for the lesson on morality. What are we going to learn about tomorrow?

Thanks for the info Satsukeshi. I was wondering where I was going get those grommets.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
I just left an email contacting customer support with a request to buy a set of these grommets. Is that how the rest of you ordered these or is there a specific part#?
These will really improve my cable management in my Antec 900.
budzos
 

· Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
You do NOT need to buy them, I got them for free with free shipping. Just call the customer service number.

(888-222-4346)

It will have a recording, just go to the general customer service choice (#3) and ask for the Spare Parts division. Once there, ask the person nicely that you would like a set of the 800d grommets and they will ask you to email them your mailing address.

Here's what I put in my email.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, we spoke on the phone briefly about me getting some of the grommets for the 800D case. Thank You for excellent customer service!

Mailing address:
##### street name
city, state zip

Contact Information
Name (First & Last)
Phone (w/ area code)
email address
-----------------------------------------

ps: its not lying when you dont say that you dont have an 800d case. you just say you are modding your case and want the new holes to look nice to go along with the rest of the case.
 
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top