Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I,m a total noob when it comes to the dynamics of computer technology and wated to know where I could find an overclock program out there for my PC. I recently found the limits of my CPU when my usage was pinned on 100% while trying to play Ski Resort Tycoon and sometimes when I run super loaded songs off of my Fruity Loops music generator peogram,

- Compaq Presario V2000Z Customizable NB
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Home Edition with SP2
- AMD Sempron(TM) 3300+ (2.0GHz/128KB L2 Cache)
- 14.0 WXGA Widescreen (1280x768)
- ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M w/productivity ports
- 512MB DDR SDRAM (2x256MB)
- 40 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive
- DVD+/-RW/R & CD-RW Combo w/Double Layer Support
- 54g(TM) 802.11b/g WLAN w/ 125HSM/SpeedBooster(TM)
- 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Microsoft(R) Works/Money

these are just the list of features my unit came with on the order sheet.

I had a friend tell me that I could easily overclock this thing when he was looking at my specs in everest home edition. I can give you guys more specs if you need them. I regret not ordering the turion CPU now

I realize the risk of Overheating these things but i pay good attention to my cooling fan and I found it has multiple speeds right now it only goes high speed if my leg is blocking the intake duct for the fan. if I hear the thing stuck in high speed than I'll just throttle it down. that simple right? or no

·
Registered
269 Posts
Dell, HP, Compaq and the endless other manufactured computers are not overclockable.

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Also to note... 100% cpu usage does not mean a thing. You could have a 10Ghz athlon FX and even diablo 2 would make it use 100%... that's just how it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts