Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
My current Rig - Asus Tuf X570, Ryzen 3700X, 64GB Corsair 3600 DDR4, MSI RTX 2080 Super
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked Newegg and found an Asus 23 or 24" 120HZ monitor with the Nvidia 3d glasses for $499. I've read a ton of reviews about 3d gaming and it all seems good. I have a tough decision to make. I currently have a 80 plus silver certified PSU in my rig (with supposed peak wattage of 1000). My choices for a video card or cards is the GTX 480 or 470s in SLI.

I understand that ATI is coming out with 6xxx series cards. I don't know much about them. Although I think ATI cards are fine, 3d technology is something they really don't push. I think they have one vendor that supports 3d with their cards. Therefore, I want to go Nvidia and their established 3d technology.

So, should I go with 470s in SLI or buy a 480 and wait for prices to drop, buy another and then possibly upgrade my PSU? If I go 470s, which brand do you recommend? Same question with the 480s.
Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
Sli 470s would be more powerful if what your doing fully supports sli but sli 470s are going to use a lot more power than a single 480 also create more heat as you have 2 cards. 470=448shaders x2 = 996 shaders 480= 480shaders
but would you really need 996 shaders? i would save the cash and go for a single 480 i would recommend EVGA for bith cards as ive always had good cards from them.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
im a proud owner of 3d vision and gtx470 in sli.
and i have to tell i run all my games flawless in 3d.
i went from having gtx275 sli and the differnce is night and day. for example i could play all my game with my 275s no problem as long as the aa stayed no more then 4x and 3d on. now i can have everything maxed out and play the games at great FPS
but gtx480 is future proof so if u want u can get another down the road, or on the other hand u could always get a third gtx470

anyway my recomdation is gtx470 sli, they run any game without a single flaw in 3d or not

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
im really happy that more people are going for the 3D please support the great tech that Nvidia is bringing us.
once u go 3D u will never want to play games not in stereo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts