Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for something between $150 and $200 but I can go higher if its something I like. I prefer Sennheiser and Beyerdynamics but anything will be considered. Pics please!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Not to get off topic, but Sennheiser will not provide you with "lots of bass". Generally Sennheiser is known for clear sounds and a fairly bright soundscape. I can't speak for BD, but I currently have Sennheiser HD650s. I honestly feel like bass is best for the club or the car, not the headphones. However, you can make any studio-monitor type headphone have "lots of bass" by tuning your EQ. You can google search your soundcard to figure out how to access the EQ.

GL

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Probably slightly above your price range, but you may get lucky and find a used pair in the realm. Anyways, the Shure SE530 IEMs have very tight, deep bass. They have dual woofers in each ear piece. I can't say enough good things about them. Another bonus is that they have -30db attenuation to outside noise, so you can listen to them at low volume even in noisy environments and still hear everything crystal clear. It's a huge bonus if you care about your hearing long term.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenbuoy View Post

Not to get off topic, but Sennheiser will not provide you with "lots of bass". Generally Sennheiser is known for clear sounds and a fairly bright soundscape. I can't speak for BD, but I currently have Sennheiser HD650s. I honestly feel like bass is best for the club or the car, not the headphones. However, you can make any studio-monitor type headphone have "lots of bass" by tuning your EQ. You can google search your soundcard to figure out how to access the EQ.
GL
I used to be a big basshead, and the bassiest headphones I have ever owned were my sennheiser eh250's. They have about 3-4 times more bass then my M50's... in fact, they had so much bass it hurt my head from extended use (and I was a basshead).

ATH-M50's would probably be good for OP though.

·
Premium Member
5,050 Posts
Quote:

GL
Sennheisers are known for their laidback, warm sound signature, not necessarily clear sounds(other than HD 800 and HD 25). The HD 650 provides lots of accurate, clean bass (ofc, it's not a bass monster); actually it's one of the bassiest open headphone. Headphones, of course, can't provide you bass from speakers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccr64472 View Post

Probably slightly above your price range, but you may get lucky and find a used pair in the realm. Anyways, the Shure SE530 IEMs have very tight, deep bass. They have dual woofers in each ear piece. I can't say enough good things about them. Another bonus is that they have -30db attenuation to outside noise, so you can listen to them at low volume even in noisy environments and still hear everything crystal clear. It's a huge bonus if you care about your hearing long term.
OP is looking for headphones, not IEMs. Also 530 are pretty old compared to other IEMs(not the best value in IEMs).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedNuggeT View Post

Audio Technica M50s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgg123321 View Post

I used to be a big basshead, and the bassiest headphones I have ever owned were my sennheiser eh250's. They have about 3-4 times more bass then my M50's... in fact, they had so much bass it hurt my head from extended use (and I was a basshead).
ATH-M50's would probably be good for OP though.
There are better headphones in OP's price category. M50 would be great for under $130, but there are headphones $150+ that destroys the M50.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi - take a look at the Denon Line..

ADH2000s - One of the best at it's price and the bass should satisfy you. I've seen them on sale for $220 and used in your price range.
ADH1100s - More portable but are still nice. These can be found for $125-150 and are real nice too.

·
Premium Member
8,417 Posts
Quote:

GL
Sennheisers are aren't mostly bright. The only Sennheisers that come to mind as being bright are the HD800 and HD598. The HD600s are dead neutral. The HD650s are dark. The HD555/558 are mostly neutral.

Sennheiser are also not known for being clarity. A lot of people actually complain about them not being detailed or analytical. If you want detailed headphones you should try Beyers. Bass EQing headphones is mostly dumb imo. You can do w/e you want to your headphone, but EQing headphones a ton to force bass upon them is silly imo.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
just go get the klipsch reference or image one's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts