Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Uhh... stick with your Konsiderâ„¢ Ring SE 7.1

Votes: 1 6.3%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so, I want a really good sound card. I am willing to spend up to $250, and am looking for something better than your regular X-Fi XtremeGamer.

Does anybody have any ideas?

NiNja

·
Registered
267 Posts
The X-fi cards are actually pretty good, and with some settings and tweakings, you can have them sounding even better. Of course the settings and tweakings are free, besides taking your time to find them/apply them.

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by chailvr
View Post

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829271003

Limit: 9999 per customer -whats up with that?

They have it on all of their products, most of the prodcuts in really high demand limit you to 1, 2, or 5.

Okay, I have this question, is their anyway I can improve the audio of my Logitech Z-2300's? Like running an amplifier or using higher quality media?

NiNja

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja_Boy
View Post

Oh, I also do not want to mod my sound card in anyway.

Fkyx: The ***tal1ty? Eww. And, I said no X-Fi's

What about: HT Omega Claro or bluegears b-Enspirer?

NiNja

For games or home theater?

Bluegears B-inspire is an amazingly good sound card (however it is suited more to home theater then games).

I've read about it in computer shopper they said.

Sound cards were obsolete until we saw this

·
Retired Enthusiast
3,405 Posts
PC audio will never be the same as the original audiophile setup.
it's audiophile wannabe.

read this BLOG

and if u truly want to hear near audiophile experience, i recommend u only ESI [email protected] or Onkyo SE-90(2.1)/SE-200(7.1). none other

but remember, those soundcards need hi-class amp and speakers too!

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by iampoor
View Post

For games or home theater?

Bluegears B-inspire is an amazingly good sound card (however it is suited more to home theater then games).

I've read about it in computer shopper they said.

Sound cards were obsolete until we saw this

Both, kind of. I will be using it in my PC but I watch movies on my brilliant display so I want the best sounding audio with good drivers and no gimmicks (ZOMFG CHROME PLATED CAPACITORIES 4 EXXTRAZ BLING-FACTOR!!111111!!!! AND ITS SIGNED BY ***TAL1TY!! ZOMFG)

NiNja

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
With gaming as a top priority, the X-Fi can't be beat. If you're looking for something more music oriented, then the Bluegears B-enspirer would be my top pick.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Laff, Fatal1ty is a nice guy though. Go for the bluegear enspire. I think it would be most suited for your setup considering you also watch movies on your amazing screen =) and it has great sound.

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ.BigBear
View Post

PC audio will never be the same as the original audiophile audio setup.
it's audiophile wannabe.

and if u truly want to hear near audiophile experience, i recommend u only ESI [email protected] or Onkyo SE-200. none other

but remember, those soundcards need hi-class amp and speakers too!

How much would those set me back?
They looks sick, espeically the [email protected] with a freakin' white board thingy.

Onkyo makes amazing products. I remember me and my brother picked up a 1000W Onkyo 6.1 Surround Sound System and it is amazing. Hooked up to a 1080p Westinghouse LCD HDTV and used Optical Audio cables and DVI/HDMI Video cables.
Godly.

NiNja

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am going to be using my PC to watch Movies, listen to Music, and play games. I obviously want my Audio and Video quality to be amazing. However, I might get a bluegears b-Enspirer with my Z-2300's or I might go with an Onkyo SE-90 + Onkyo Amp + Z-2300's.

I might get the Asus Xonar D2 if it is better than the current recommend cards (X-Fi).

NiNja

·
Retired Enthusiast
3,405 Posts
Asus Xonar is not that far away from X-fi, so that leave only 2 options, b-Enspirer or onkyo i guess.

but if u want the best audiophile quality possible in PC Audio, onkyo is still the best choice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.