Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fraps can't record audio on my pc
Wegame doesn't work for any recording/screenshots.

I vaguely remember many others out there, but completely and utterly have forgotten the names of them... Can anyone help me?

Hugely appreciated... I'd like to get into making game videos again...

- Le_Loup

*List of pic's i've tried that = I can hear audio when playing games, but when recording, the recorded material (avi, wmv, etc) play video but no sound in windows media player, winamp, media player classic, vlc media player, windows media center...

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grobinov
View Post

Try FRAPS and see if you like it...

Read the OP? The first sentence said it doesn't work on his system.

However, maybe you could try and solve that problem?

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
Take a look here, some to try for you.

There was also an amazing video recorder, had so may options for Audio/Video compression/output, but it was paid, all I can remember is that is was around £20~ and made by a Chinese guy. Really great program though, may still have the demo, I'll look tonight for you.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dom_sufc
View Post

Can't belive you managed to nija me before the edit
but I suppose I could try solving this problem since I use FRAPS quite often

So OP what version of fraps are you using since mine does the audio quite nicely?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Quote:

View Post

So OP what version of fraps are you using since mine does the audio quite nicely?

I meant the second part of the post to the OP, I didn't mean YOU had to solve his issue hehehe.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I also could not here any audio in my fraps recording, nor with virtual dub, but when converting using the nero codec suddenly the sound reappeared. I think you have the same issue.

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dom_sufc
View Post

This. Why do people always try something, and when it doesn't work on the first try, they give up and look for something completely different?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

View Post

I'll reply quote everyone in a sec,

Short story long... ?

Fraps, I started using it way back at v 2.1.0...... and i've got the most most recent edition as well.

Basically Something with my soundcard, options, "something" is interupting the recording purpose, because fraps records the "start tab" function, or just records video w/no audio of game.
(if u have vista premium or 7 premium or higher, 32/64, press and hold start menu then hit tab repeatedly, you'll see what I mean to what it records stupidly).

Basically I used to think fraps = Godsend = Bestever REGARDLESS file size... the quality was raw, real, fresh. I just never had a cpu to handle it till now.. But something with the soundcard says fu.... (pardon me but true).

YouTube- GTA IV Rocket Test <-- Example of problem...

- Le_Loup

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
*Pardon double post* Going to test gamecam briefly, loading up GTA IV, blowing up something once I have gamecam config'd. brb....

- testing phase in progress -

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
dont you have to like enable audio in fraps? its obvius i know but w/e

also about wegame you must start it and setup an account etc for it to do anything for you. i did have problems with it but after i setup everything it was fine. it also wont show the green square in some games, just push the hotkey for video and you'll have a video.

other than that theres really not any other clients. and believe me i've looked back in the day when my rig couldnt handle fraps

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32
View Post

dont you have to like enable audio in fraps? its obvius i know but w/e

also about wegame you must start it and setup an account etc for it to do anything for you. i did have problems with it but after i setup everything it was fine. it also wont show the green square in some games, just push the hotkey for video and you'll have a video.

other than that theres really not any other clients. and believe me i've looked back in the day when my rig couldnt handle fraps

wegame <-- setup account, enabled properly, <--- Does not create files with any shortcut's used it provides, regardless of video / screenshots.

Gamecam, Used to use it years back (that's what I was forgetting). Fraps, Audio IS on... I'll post ss, sec...

^^^^^ If SERIOUSLY needed... I'll get a headphone out split... and get a male male setup for line out to line in and loop my dang audio, but i'd rather do it without that...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32
View Post

I SEE THE PROBLEM!!!

you have to check "record external input" not "Record Win7 Sound"

Hi thank you for the input, but that's incorrect, it's asking to record external input, that's "line in" for all those who don't realize this, or your microphone (standalone or on headset, either or same thing).

Option C is requested, aka "what u hear", stereo/mono mix like the olden days of integrated/when soundblaster was the norm...

Gamecam <--- Test failed, it never recorded, even though properly loaded, using default and custom key choices, no change. Game of choice "bridge commander" instead of GTA IV, as it was "less intensive" so to speak...

- Le_Loup

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Try xfire. Sign up for an account, download and install it. After its installed run it, go to options and then pick the video tab. Set your options how you want them and make sure you tell it to record the audio and what device it should use for it (pic attached). Hope this works out for you

1 - 20 of 45 Posts