Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been scratching my head and then read a FAQ, and found out that I need 35 REP to post in the FORSALE/WANTED thread..
I do understand that rule, but I need to sell this Alienware AW2310 I have.. It's brand new only been turned on for an hour...

Any ideas how I'm supposed to get *permission* ?

**If this thread doesn't belong here, please re-direct me**

Thanks,

Jon,

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Well if its brand new, return it?

if not an option, craiglist, ebay... etc.
and if you want to sell it here be a helpful person and contribute to the community, to earn rep and be able to sell it here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iCrap
View Post

and if you want to sell it here be a helpful person and contribute to the community, to earn rep and be able to sell it here.

^^this^^

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by iCrap
View Post

Well lets say I got a large discount on it, so why? Plus selling it for less than what dell charges for 1, 570.07 helps out another person, yes?

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Being able to sell is not the main reason to belong to the forum but I do acknowledge it is a great benifit (even though I do not sell,too many headaches). As instructed the way to get rep is to help. Look for that person that is totally lost and take them under your wing an walk them through the problem from "A to Z". Don't just make one post to them and go away,stick with them all the way throught their problem.I might add,be sure you only give correct info unless an opinion about how something looks is asked for.Mainly ,take on the people others do not help,your rep. will come.

Look at me,it took 5,000 posts to get 172 rep, perhaps you are better at putting your knowledge into words.

Perhaps you describe to others why you would want to sell your rig so soon after buying it (unless the reason is personal).This info may be valuable to others, no guarantee about rep though but get in a habit of putting something that may be of value to others in your posts,have you bought anything lately that you liked a lot or really hated? that is interesting information.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCCstudent
View Post

Being able to sell is not the main reason to belong to the forum but I do acknowledge it is a great benifit (even though I do not sell,too many headaches). As instructed the way to get rep is to help. Look for that person that is totally lost and take them under your wing an walk them through the problem from "A to Z". Don't just make one post to them and go away,stick with them all the way throught their problem.I might add,be sure you only give correct info unless an opinion about how something looks is asked for.Mainly ,take on the people others do not help,your rep. will come.

I've been on this website since February, I'm more of a person who looks at "whats new" in techonoly today. I'm not that great at computers, yes Indeed i do have a good RIG but its a first time build, and I just happen to have an EXTRA Alienware AW2310 that I'm selling, Being given permission by a mod or something would be a great solution.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeazy
View Post

Well lets say I got a large discount on it, so why? Plus selling it for less than what dell charges for 1, 570.07 helps out another person, yes?

Making people EARN Rep, is a way to avoid people join the forum just to seek a monetary purpose, because yes, most of sellers here sell below retail (or else less people will look at their items for consideration), but some do it not to help users but to attain a profit, which is good if your brother gave you a laptop he didnt use, or you got a cheap monitor on sale with employee discount etc. But making sales and profits is not the main use of the forum, Thats just a side bonus

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
But why should you get a special privilege for your "special" laptop, but others don't?

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeazy
View Post

I've been on this website since February, I'm more of a person who looks at "whats new" in techonoly today. I'm not that great at computers, yes Indeed i do have a good RIG but its a first time build, and I just happen to have an EXTRA Alienware AW2310 that I'm selling, Being given permission by a mod or something would be a great solution.

Unfortunately we do not and cannot make exceptions to the 35 rep rule; I know it might take a while to earn that much but if you're patient it's not difficult. If you need to sell it within the next few weeks/months, you may do so on eBay/Craigslist.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp
View Post

Unfortunately we do not and cannot make exceptions to the 35 rep rule; I know it might take a while to earn that much but if you're patient it's not difficult. If you need to sell it within the next few weeks/months, you may do so on eBay/Craigslist.

Time to get some rep!

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Keep in mind you have to earn the rep, too; if any frivolous rep is given or you abuse the system in some manner to rep pad we won't treat it lightly.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by redsunx
View Post

But why should you get a special privilege for your "special" laptop, but others don't?

Beat me to it, was planning on posting the same question to him lol

·
Registered
752 Posts
Not that OCN does this, but say(for some reason) that they did make an exception for you and let you list it here. You would have a pretty tough time selling it on this site without any rep. I have a hard time buying bc I only have 4 or 5 rep. Much better off to go to ebay or craigslist.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp;15285564
Keep in mind you have to earn the rep, too; if any frivolous rep is given or you abuse the system in some manner to rep pad we won't treat it lightly.
wink.gif
yes yes i know
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp;15285499
i only have 3 rep and it took 3 months in between my 2nd and 3rd. rep on here is earned. i give it out when i receive good advice, i get it in smaller increments. it's all a part of the community that makes this place what it is. btw, had someone sell to me when i had 2 rep and i made out very well. i am looking forward to giving out a few, quality freebies in the future because it's a part of karma. earn the rep and sell or hit up craigslist. i trust this a hell of a lot more than craigslist though.

·
How many volts!?
3,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeazy;15285263
Hey all, I've been scratching my head and then read a FAQ, and found out that I need 35 REP to post in the FORSALE/WANTED thread..
I do understand that rule, but I need to sell this Alienware AW2310 I have.. It's brand new only been turned on for an hour...

Any ideas how I'm supposed to get *permission* ?

**If this thread doesn't belong here, please re-direct me**

Thanks,

Jon,
You wont get permission.

In your situation, you either get 35 Rep and attempt to sell it. Or go to Craigslist or eBay and sell it that way.

They are very, very stern on the rules of the marketplace. Not gonna budge.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
i have erm 4 reps thats taken like a month or 2 to get to
smile.gif

Edit 5reps

you just have to be informative and helpful it doesn't take much just help a fellow on OCN out and they will surely give you reps.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Rep gets easier to earn the longer you are on the forums. The first few months I earned less than a rep a month because I didn't know much Now I've earned 4 this October because as you spend time on the forum you will learn and be able to help people. Have to be patient at first.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
o
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGJOEJGDE
View Post

You could see if your item is in the "wanted" thread,that's how i was able to sell my old SSD on here.

great idea. never thought of that. thanks!
+rep

1 - 20 of 20 Posts