Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Thought to share and inform.

A lot of people are saying you can get squaretrade warranties with your QNIX - and you can indeed, but please be wary of where and how you purchase it.

I called SquareTrade earlier today and they said:
"It was purchased in USD, paid with GBP, so we can't cover it."

My monitor does NOT comply with their policy as it was purchased in USD....
No matter what the paypal says, if it was displayed in USD on ebay (be it uk or .com) thne it is NOT covered.

Extremely important to point out as some of you guys might be purchasing as I did.
Oh well I'll rely on 1 year with the seller!
smile.gif

PS. this is the monitor I have:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ultimate-Perfect-Pixel-Qnix-27-QX2710-Evolution-II-Slim-2560x1440-Monitor-/331134376244?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Be warned, stay informed!
I was never aware of this, and simply doesn't make sense to me, but that's how Sqtrade operate.

-Dubbed

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
It's the #1 reason I don't believe in buying those extra warranty/insurance they try to sell me. I don't know what they're selling me but all I know is that they want more money. Don't ever believe whatever the cashier at the retail stores try to sell you, for all you know they could be lying about the warranty/insurance policy being sold to you. You have to read the fine print, never trust the sales cashier/clerk as they're only trained to handle money and upsell you a warranty/insurance plan that they have no idea what it does and doesn't cover.

TLDR; Read the fine print.

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoob View Post

It's the #1 reason I don't believe in buying those extra warranty/insurance they try to sell me. I don't know what they're selling me but all I know is that they want more money. Don't ever believe whatever the cashier at the retail stores try to sell you, for all you know they could be lying about the warranty/insurance policy being sold to you. You have to read the fine print, never trust the sales cashier/clerk as they're only trained to handle money and upsell you a warranty/insurance plan that they have no idea what it does and doesn't cover.

TLDR; Read the fine print.
Indeed, but I want to throw money at them and they refused
biggrin.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts