Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my xstar dp2710 from dream-seller in Korea and it has random yellow spots everywhere. No icc profile could fix this, as the blotches are scattered. Has anybody tried exchanging it without having to pay taxes/duties a second time?

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvengence View Post

I just received my xstar dp2710 from dream-seller in Korea and it has random yellow spots everywhere. No icc profile could fix this, as the blotches are scattered. Has anybody tried exchanging it without having to pay taxes/duties a second time?
hulustar screwed me over, i had same issue - basically unusable monitor due to 80+ dead pixel clusters and i tried fihgting it on ebay but he won --- i lost out on $350.

edit: no point in mailing it back, it cost $135 to mail it back.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
You know, they used to ship these monitors as "gifts" to avoid taxes
tongue.gif

You should talk to dream-seller about it. That's clearly a defective panel, not an acceptably flawed one with a few dead pixels.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post

tongue.gif

You should talk to dream-seller about it. That's clearly a defective panel, not an acceptably flawed one with a few dead pixels.
Yeah, I messaged them on Ebay. I think the concern is that the light yellow haze can only be seen by a pair of eyes and they might ask me to provide images.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvengence View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post

tongue.gif

Yeah, I messaged them on Ebay. I think the concern is that the light yellow haze can only be seen by a pair of eyes and they might ask me to provide images.
You should try different backgrounds, angles, and cameras to get the yellow haze in a shot. Being the opposite of yellow, a solid blue or purple background might work. Or maybe pure white to show the coloration on different areas of the screen.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Dream-seller is a legitimate Ebay seller and not a scammer. If you have an issue they will generally take care of it and pay for shipping in the first 30 days. Only buy Korean panels from them, Green-Sum, and Accessorieswhole.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapRef41N93W View Post

Dream-seller is a legitimate Ebay seller and not a scammer. If you have an issue they will generally take care of it and pay for shipping in the first 30 days. Only buy Korean panels from them, Green-Sum, and Accessorieswhole.
When I bought my Achieva, AFAIK dream-seller was the only one selling the Korean monitors. They've been around since the very beginning of the craze.

Still... I wouldn't totally trust them. Make a strong case for the defective monitor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts