Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been kind of wondering lately. I have an iPod w/ colour screen (some refer to it as the iPod photo but i can have photos and music, it's the one right before the video) and i've had it since last september. (Approximately 1 year to the day).

The screen is getting a little bit scratched up, it's in fair condition but i kind of want a nicer look, maybe even a video.

Now here's my predicament. I don't think I have the original receipt. If i do, I'm not sure i got the extended warranty at London Drugs. I paid 400$ for it at the time. So:

1) Can I send it to Apple to be given a new one, and will i get a video?

2) Do I need a receipt?

3) If yes to any of the questions above, what are all the circumstances?

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Even with receipt I seriously doubt Apple would give you another iPod, let alone a video. You're only chance is to go out and buy yourself a video, they're well worth it IMO.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what would happen if i mailed apple my ipod with a receipt? just get sent back?

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
I have delt with Apple support twice. You do NOT need a receipt if you take it to an Apple store, as long as it is under warrenty (extended or otherwise). If it is not working right, they will replace it with another one from the same gen, so if you have a photo, they will give you another photo.

EDIT: You can check your warrenty status on www.apple.com. Just type in your iPods sn in the box (its on the support page), and it will say how many days you have left

·
Overclockiit
3,419 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattybass

what would happen if i mailed apple my ipod with a receipt? just get sent back?

Well more than likely, but like i said in my above post i would contact them first before you do anything.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if it is working, they won't replace it SoaDMTGuy?? I just want a nicer looking one.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
That's not what a warrenty is for....

They would only replace it if it was not working. And DONT break yours.. Immoral, and probably they will be able to tell....

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
****, not covered anymore...
oh well i'll live.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I used their warranty service like 5-6 times before via online. All you need is your serial #. If they claim it's malfunctioned, they will replace it with the same model. You won't get a iPod Video. http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod/

You can buy the warranty if you plan on keeping the iPod for period of time.I think it's around $59 and it's $40 something w/ student discount.

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
That's like me walking into a car dealership and saying that my car is under warranty so I want a replacement fully-loaded 2007 model for free.

Pretty effing funny if you ask me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts