Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thread has been moved to here

hello everyone, I had a PS2 and a thermaltake watercooling system lying around from a guy for 40 bucks, guess what i did with it. A WATER COOLED PS2!!!

this is the PCB of the PS2. Isn't the processor preety.

This is the Back

Then i added the waterblock and memory heatsink (changed it later to a southbridge heatsink from a broken board)

this is it with the southbridge heatsink (very SEXY!)

This is the power converter for the PS2

Its runs (water cooling not setup yet) but why not. P.S I ran out of Epoxy

The disk drive works works too.

the water cooling system is setup, but haven't added coolant yet. The white thing is a molex power supply for a scsi tape drive.

A Closer Look at the Tape Drive

Adding coolant to the System

A look at the whole system with coolant

A Close up at the PCB ( I didnt notice the glob of coolant at the bottom right until i posted this)

It runs YAY
(glob hasn't hit PCB yet)

I took this last picture before i went to go a game, when i came back, you guessed it tch tch tch, short circuit. REMEMBER FRIENDS DON' LET FRIENDS BUY THERMALTAKE PRODUCTS!

Now I have a broken PS2,
but i had fun. tell me what you think.
please add to signature Spread the word

Code:
Code:
[CODE]
[URL="http://www.overclock.net/playstation/473291-water-cooled-playstation-2-ps2.html"]:eek: Water Cooled Playstation 2 :eek:[/URL]
[/CODE]

·
Pew Pew
1,102 Posts
Lol. +rep to you sir.

• Rep+
Reactions: samster25

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
Tape? You seriously used tape? Lol, nice.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
That is really awesome. I think though you needed to cool the EE as well (that is the GPU) >.>

·
Overclocked TI-83
671 Posts
I don't know if TT is to blame or the gobs of coolant and tape, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless, and I don't know how cautious I'd be with an old PS2, anyway. Now you just need to do it again and make a case for it.

+REP for an awesome idea and going through with it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
View Post

I don't know if TT is to blame or the gobs of coolant and tape, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless, and I don't know how cautious I'd be with an old PS2, anyway. Now you just need to do it again and make a case for it.

thanks man, Now i feel warm inside

·
Banned
614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tehpwnerofn00bs
View Post

Tape? You seriously used tape? Lol, nice.

Haha, I'm using a hair tie on one of my HR-03+ heat pipes to the fan to hold it in place (partially) because I'm using a fan size that the HR-03+ doesn't officially support.

So yeah, ghetto mods are workable sometimes.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacre
View Post

Haha, I'm using a hair tie on one of my HR-03+ heat pipes to the fan to hold it in place (partially) because I'm using a fan size that the HR-03+ doesn't officially support.

So yeah, ghetto mods are workable sometimes.

ghetto also means cool. lol

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
View Post

+1 to everything he said!

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
I would understand someone doing this is a PS3 or 360, but a PS2? Hell - you might as well do watercooling on your PSP. XD

1 - 20 of 22 Posts